quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been rear ended two different times in the past few years by fools on the interstate. I am a bit paranoid about this now so I usually install a third break light blinker. Now they only work with LEDs. I assumed I would need to get a new LED 3rd. brake light again for the Raptor. But in looking at my new 2014 I see there are three small red lights that go across the entire third brake light housing with the bed lights somewhat above. This is completely different from my 2013 F150 which had the standard center brake light and bed lights on each side and these may be specific just to the Raptor. Anyway, do you folks know if those three little red lights are LED's. They sure do look like them and if so I can hook up my blinker right to them without purchasing a totally new third brake light system. I have not opened up the light housing yet but thought I would ask you folks who are in the know on details like this. I can find nothing on the internet regarding this. Sorry for such a stupid question but I figured if I want to find out this is the place to do it.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have that picture in your sig on the back of your truck? If so I can see why they are hitting you!!! ha ha ha

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those three lights are to match the 3 yellows in the front grill. I believe they are all on one wire but I dont see why you couldnt completely rewire them and do exactly what your thinking. I do like your idea too and is something I've never thought of before.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those three lights are to match the 3 yellows in the front grill. I believe they are all on one wire but I dont see why you couldnt completely rewire them and do exactly what your thinking. I do like your idea too and is something I've never thought of before.

Pehaps I was not clear. I am talking about the third brake light/bed light in the center of the cab on the back.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yea sorry. Yes, that's what I was talking about. Those 3 red dots with the bed light above is only on the raptors and are actuated with your brake lights. However I doubt that they are led. I don't believe there are any led's on the stock raptor. But would be pleased if someone proved me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are LEDs all over the Raptor. The 3 red brake lights are LED. The indicator lights on the front and rear fenders are LED and the grille lights are LED.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are LEDs all over the Raptor. The 3 red brake lights are LED. The indicator lights on the front and rear fenders are LED and the grille lights are LED.

That is great news. Thanks.......... I will have those suckers blinking in no time!!!