PTM Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the manual tailgate part #?

I don't believe there is a manual handle that is fully PTM'd. The XLT Special Edtion Sport has a painted handle surrounded by black textured plastic (like in the pic below). I ordered the wrong tailgate handle so I ended up sanding all of the texture off my original handle/bezel and painting it. That was a fun couple hours of sanding, but it turned out great.

cial_edition_sport_supercrew_v6_ecoboost_4x4_00700.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_0594.jpg
    SAM_0594.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NASSTY, you're right. I am going to buy the same textured black one that I already have (Part No. FL3Z9943400AA) and sand it down. That way I am not in a hurry or without a tailgate for several days. I just need to get them to update my order.

OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NASSTY, I received these door handles. Are these the same ones you got? They are primed gray and flat (not black and rough like my factory ones). They also have the small black button on the handle. I assume they will work the same except the black button won't do anything. Does that sound right to you?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Pic won't work...but I think you probably get what I'm saying.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NASSTY, I received these door handles. Are these the same ones you got? They are primed gray and flat (not black and rough like my factory ones). They also have the small black button on the handle. I assume they will work the same except the black button won't do anything. Does that sound right to you?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Pic won't work...but I think you probably get what I'm saying.

Mine were primered gray, but they don't have the black button.
I don't really know what the button is for?? I've noticed most Lariats and above trim levels have the button. When I ordered my handles I used a vin# from an XLT Sport that didn't have the buttons. One of the handles I got was all PTM and the other came with a PTM bucket but the handle cover was chrome. I sanded the texture off one of my other handle covers and had that one painted instead of the chrome one.
Hopefully those ones work for you. I'd also assume the same as you, but the only way to know for sure would be to plug one in. :crazy: The easiest way to do that would be to remove the door panel and unplug it from inside the door. Removing and installing the door handles sucks. You only want to do that once.

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone with an 801a or 800a figured out what part numbers the door handles are for the screw?

I am assuming the door handles are universal for f-150's and no unique to the Raptor?

Thanks!

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys the button on the door handles is to lock the vehicle when you have the push button start with the auto key detect feature. My KR driver's door handle has both the push button and the key slot...so sounds like it might work as long as you don't mind the button being there? Or sounds like Nassty may have the answer by ordering the XLT Sport handles...

doberer

Reaction score
i just picked up ptm door handles w/o buttons - i have an 801A..i left them at work. once i bring them home to compare I will post the numbers. My goal was to paint them metallic gray to match the flares/bumper vs plastic black. I have a ruby red exterior color. I also picked up a tailgate handle that i am going to paint red w/black surround.

r8ders

Reaction score
Can the 800a/801a door handles be wrapped with the texture it has?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if the texturing would show or not. You may have to sand them smooth for the best effect.

The vinyl is cheap so you could wrap one of the textured handles to see if you like it or not. That's the great thing with the vinyl is you can peel it off if you don't like it