Projector Retrofit: Black Or Stock Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a white raptor & am doing a projector retrofit this weekend....I'm unsure if I should black everything out or leave everything stock looking. I have a rigid 20" lightbar & will eventually get the D2 fogs as well. They have the reflector look so I think the headlights would look good if they match the led lights. The reflector is pointless though so if you don't black them out it looks like a projector was thrown in there...any pictures or opinions would help.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Ducati make me some in all black with white shrouds. They came out great. Personally I don't like the chrome/reflective/mirrored housing look. If I were you I'd go black, it looks sick on white Raps.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you search for Raptizzle, his white Raptor has blacked out housings and looks amazing. Black out those headlights!

Tizz: I added a saved pic of your pimp ride, hope you don't mind!

Attachments

• DSC00800.jpg
    DSC00800.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 149

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you search for Raptizzle, his white Raptor has blacked out housings and looks amazing. Black out those headlights!

Tizz: I added a saved pic of your pimp ride, hope you don't mind!

What Tizz has in the pic you posted are the piece of dogshit Spyder headlights off of eBay. I had the exact same ones and I took them out of my Raptor because they are literally garbage. Faulty, dull, burnt-out, leaky, dim, garbage. I just talked to Tizz on the phone earlier today and he is also gonna toss those lights and go for some Ducati retrofits similar to mine. He and I both fully agree buying those lights was a mistake.

Vanilla Gorilla, if you want that look in the Tizz pic you posted, I suggest you go for the ones that look the same made by Recon and add a silicone bead to the edging before installation. That way you can get the look you want and at least have lights that work.... And some actual customer service to call if you have a problem.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I want some ducati's, I was more or less posting that pic of Tizz's rig to show JuraSIK what a black light housing looks like on a white Raptor.

I Agree with you Bo, i have heard nothing but bad things about those lights, but they do have a black housing.

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I want some ducati's, I was more or less posting that pic of Tizz's rig to show JuraSIK what a black light housing looks like on a white Raptor.

I Agree with you Bo, i have heard nothing but bad things about those lights, but they do have a black housing.

Aha. I gotcha.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't be anything crazy. Upgraded E55 projectors, nothing spectacular. Going for a clean look. If I black out the housing, I'm blacking out everything including the shrouds in satin black since I'm painting my grill, bumpers, flares, etc. in satin black. If I don't blackout the housing, I'm at least blacking out the orange reflector. Thx for the pics man. I wish someone had a blacked out shroud as well so I see how it'd look during the day. I'm just worried it'd look dumb all black, with the reflective looking rigid lights on the front..if you get what I mean.