ProCharger Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better question... does anybody even still run a pro charger on their raptor?... just kidding

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are worried about a warranty and getting your money out of a blower you have just answered your own question....

Most folks are migrating toward a root style system it seems....

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ProCharger on my Raptor. Livernois did a conservative dyno tune so I hopefully won't hurt the pistons. That was a year and half ago, so far so good. I have almost identical 580 hp and torque. Runs and drives great. Did have a few belt issues toward the end of summer, and not sure why or if I have it fixed. Replaced the tensioner and some idler pulley bearings and made sure things were lined up. If it does it in the spring when head back up to the dunes going to a 10 rib belt setup.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard some beltslip issues wth both pro chargers and the vortechs....tight fit had a hose clamp shred a belt on my Vet...

Glad you are liking yours and the HP....I assume you mean 580 at the crank...how much boost?

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shop Raptor

We have a whipple on our shop truck. What is your reasoning behind going with a Procharger over a whipple?

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard some beltslip issues wth both pro chargers and the vortechs....tight fit had a hose clamp shred a belt on my Vet...

Glad you are liking yours and the HP....I assume you mean 580 at the crank...how much boost?

Correct at the crank.

From what others have said, and if I had it to do again, the Whipple type would most likely be what I went with. I ended up with the ProCharger because picked it up off of a SEMA truck fairly inexpensively.