Pre-collision assist, not working…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2023 raptor for a couple of weeks and have noticed that the pre-collision assist feature is not working at all. I am not getting any warning messages saying it’s unavailable, it just doesn’t work. I had this feature in my 2020 raptor, and could easily get it to go off by quickly approaching a car making a right hand turn in front of me in my lane.

Aside from rear ending somebody, I have tried everything I can to test it. All of the settings are switched to on and high sensitivity.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2019 and like yours would fairly often get the chiming and red screen etc. On my 2023 I have about 3k miles on it and today was the first time it activated. I was accelerating from a light and the car in front of me slowed back down, it brought my truck to a stop and the person behind me thought I was brake checking them. Caught me off guard.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it may go off if you are rapidly approaching a vehicle without you pressing the braking pedal. It just happened to me today as a car was turning right and I just coasted with out breaking but I knew the car would turn before i needed to hit the brakes plus I was also steering away from the car moving into the middle lane a bit..