PPF Buyers Remorse + I'm an idiot = I'm lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I’ve got two issues…

1) it’s been a week. Wait awhile and see how I feel after I get wheels in and 37s(that’s planned)

2) I need to allow the installer a chance to correct some of the imperfections in the PPF. Fenders I’m sure are a nightmare to do anyway.
You should give it at least a month before you do anything.

slade8

Reaction score
Get the mistakes fixed by the original dude. Drive it for a few weeks and then decide. It looks like the pff is not covering the entire top of the fender flares? You can't see that from the side but that might drive me to remove it and then have them repainted or sell them all as is and buy new/used ones. Don't beat yourself up to much. Look on the bright side, you have a badass truck and the money to play so it will all get worked out eventually the way you want it. At least your not modifying a Honda Ridgeline!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its been on a week, it will be tough to pull. we use a water and alcohol mixture that relaxes the adhesive on the film. once the mixture evaporates the adhesive sticks really good. very rarely do we use heat to apply rilm now days, its usually stretched on. you can use soap and water and start peeling it back from a point making sure the film is constantly wet so it doesnt restick itself. good luck unstickifying yourself

Jeff Oldham

Reaction score
Also, steamer to help remove the PPF. I spoke to Suntek at the SEMA show on removal of mine. With the Flares you do risk ripping it off, the longer it is on the harder it is to get off. Suntek makes 3 levels of PPF, the top being the most expensive.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the consensus on putting ppf on the flares for those that off road? Does it last and stay on? Talking to several installers and a few have told me they won’t do the flares because the ppf wont properly adhere.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would buy a Harbor Freight heat gun and see if you can get it off. When I had mine done, I had stopped into the shop, and they were part way into gloss on the front bumper. I didn't really think about the gloss vs matte beforehand. As soon as I saw it I KNEW I didn't like that look at all. With it being so fresh it came back off with no issues.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain bud. The cheapest way around this is to peel it all off (which will take off some paint) and then have the flares wrapped matte gray. Should be fairly cheap compared to repainting or new flares.

I did something similarly stupid. Wrapped all my flares and bumper with matte PPF. After I did it, I realized I could never take it off (without ripping the paint off), so the PPF doesn't have much function!