Power steering cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very clean job.
I like this product now that you've mentioned that it can be used for Trans filter as well and the specs for filtering are impressive.
Thanks for your thread on all of this.

OP
OP
J DAMAGE

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very clean job.
I like this product now that you've mentioned that it can be used for Trans filter as well and the specs for filtering are impressive.
Thanks for your thread on all of this.

Thats my next step, once I figure out a good and easy access location, to use one on the trans, might be easier to just use the 16.00 throw away, I'll see how involved I want to get.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also like where you are heading with the cooler and filter. The oem pump already has a difficult time keeping up with our trucks. I wonder if the adding the cooler and filter will put more strain on it due to a longer flow path or help because of cooler temps and cleaner oil?
What kind of terrain do you off-road in?

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
J DAMAGE

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also like where you are heading with the cooler and filter. The oem pump already has a difficult time keeping up with our trucks. I wonder if the adding the cooler and filter will put more strain on it due to a longer flow path or help because of cooler temps and cleaner oil?
What kind of terrain do you off-road in?

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Yukon, I don't get to do much off-roading, I go into the trails when friends are dirt biking, I'm just a stickler to avoid problems, I drive my truck pretty dame hard, and was getting the buzzing in the steering, so just went this route hoping to save or add life to the system.
The one thing that I'm wondering about, is the factory reservoir has a filter built into it, the aftermarkets don't, wondering if its the filter causing the cavitation buy slowing the fluid flow, over no filter and added fluid capacity.
Guess we will find out, if the buzzing comes back.

OP
OP
J DAMAGE

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how we spend the money, then think WHAT IF, after its done, lol, worse case filter can always be removed, then I have a an additional fluid cooler.

Now to much thinking is starting to hurt, and contradicting myself, here's another thought, the filter may not be a problem, being the HOWE reservoir has a filter on its system, think it all lies in the pump, WHAT DO YOU THINK? At this point all I can think there's to many PRO's and CON's we can find in every thing we do to our trucks.

Last edited:

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Summit p/n der-13220 is the non threaded cooler. Funny joe led me to this link I had already done all of this. I also chose the plastic throw away filter because I'm a cheap sob. Too bad it's been on back order through summit for almost a month now. Any way here are some picks. I still need to paint or Powdercoat the brackets I made. azevuhy6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk