Post Mod Blues/Any regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Yup, got a tune from MPT tuning. Truck never felt like it gained any hp. It behaved more like a pedal commander0, I timed it and it was exactly the same only the pedal was more sensitive. Not worth losing my engine waranty thats for sure. Also got the Icon clunk aswell dosen't bother me too much.
The more research I do, the more common I've heard it is with these leaf springs. Even stock ones. I had a co worker drive my truck slowly while I watched the rear and listened for sounds. We're both 98% percent it's coming from the leaf springs. Around the eye lid area where it mounts to frame. Might have to just suck it up and crank the tunes to block out the noise.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Being that my Gen 1 is fully modded you name it i got it . A lot of money spent to do everything right. My Gen 2 i know what i'm not messing with shocks, springs ,bumpers ,37's ,gears, exhaust . I just put wheels and tires on Gen2 few weeks ago stock sizes . I told myself if it rides rougher or handles different they are coming back off. So far they ride nice and are quiet. The only thing i am messing with is making it faster, tune , intercooler , ams tubes , thermostat , Throttlebody , spark plugs .
I'm telling you driving a completely stock Raptor (father in laws) and his felt new still. Where mine feels like it's been through some trails. Which it has. I did get it to enjoy it, but it's still fairly new and I like to take care of my vehicles. I should've just left it stock (suspension) and let it do what the Ford engineers thought was a good balance between off-road capable and everyday truck.
My goosetune has been flawless. Stage 1 and I don't intend on doing anything more there. The throttle response is very good and the Cobb trans tune is very smooth. No complaints, Live Valve Racing Series gave me the leveled look I wanted without spacers or stuff like that.

Reaction score
My brother in law had the same issue with that noise. Sounds like a bucket or something rolling around in the bed of the truck. It was the isolator bushing. He changed them and the problem was fixed.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have had Deavers on my gen 2 for 55,000 miles and it is one of the best most I’ve done and they have never made a sound.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'm telling you driving a completely stock Raptor (father in laws) and his felt new still. Where mine feels like it's been through some trails. Which it has. I did get it to enjoy it, but it's still fairly new and I like to take care of my vehicles. I should've just left it stock (suspension) and let it do what the Ford engineers thought was a good balance between off-road capable and everyday truck.
My goosetune has been flawless. Stage 1 and I don't intend on doing anything more there. The throttle response is very good and the Cobb trans tune is very smooth. No complaints, Live Valve Racing Series gave me the leveled look I wanted without spacers or stuff like that.
I wonder if they tightened the rear shackles in the wrong position, with Truck jacked up, I believe they're supposed to be tightened in the running, on the ground, position.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Icon are plastic pads if you want good lubricant try 3 in 1 garage door spray oil . Sprays on wet but then dries and will not attract dirt. I used on my old deavers. I since switched to icons leafs on gen1 and have no noises.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-185912_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-185912_Chrome.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget the stock springs as better. Seriously. I had the dealer replace my rear springs after they were embarrassing loud and squeaking, after that ordeal they now squeak again, I drive it relatively hard on rough dirt roads. It’s inevitable IMO at this point. Clean em off and spray them with some lube. Goosetune has caused 0 issues for me. My BD lights in the fog position don’t blow fuses, that sounds very frustrating sorry. I went to a cooler thermostat and that throws a code for taking too long to get up to temp but every time I check it it’s the same thing so I’m not worried about that, cooler is better from what I understand.

If I kept it stock I was trading it in, I was massively unhappy with stock.

Good luck sir, I hope this gets fixed to your liking.