Picked up my 17yr old sons Raptor today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggerfish

Reaction score
Sorry, but the OP asked for this.. and his post is trolly, whether he intended it or not. "Hey, I buy my young kids expensive cars and bikes, and BTW, I also buy my daughter a new Mustang GT every year". If you met this guy in a bar and he started spewing this, you would think he's a braggart. Perhaps the OP is a good guy, I don't doubt that, but he should have expected this now 15 page reaction.

We all have different values and outlooks on how to raise our kids, what makes them responsible, and what gives them the best shot to succeed or appreciate things later in life, so I don't look at any posts here as being right or wrong, just a different point of view. And thank God we have people passionate about how to raise their kids (and actually give a shit).

That being said, that's a sweet Raptor! Hope he enjoys it and you get to continue to give you these things if it makes you personally happy!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah not jelly about anything, I've got my Raptor and I worked hard enough for it that I appreciate it. That being said I worked for what i had when I was young and was able to piece together one of my favorite cars ever, a crx that I did an integra motor swap and nitrous kit, such a fun car and I did the work and paid for everything, like a responsible individual. I just don't like having to interact with people in my daily life who weren't prepared by their parents to deal with what actual life is.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Purchased my sons Raptor today. He was so excited! Ordered on 5/12/14 and delivered yesterday 7/2/14.

Congratulations to both you and your son, cpost6! Sounds like the whole family has a Ford in the stable. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to both you and your son, cpost6! Sounds like the whole family has a Ford in the stable. :)

Crystal

Thanks Crystal for all your kindness giving me weekly updates during the order process. Your a very nice person to communicate with and you respond quickly.

Thanks again!

D

Deleted member 12951

I got my raptor the American way, went into debt big time. My son can do the same if he wants one as I am not rich but wish I was.

rou2boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with RDFTS- work hard and earn things with your own money...buying a new anything for a teen teaches them absolutely nothing about a good work ethic . Spoiled rotten family..put him on my ship...I bet he'd cry in two minutes being away from his daddy..how sad.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
This brings up another pet peave of mine. People that go into debt up to their eyeballs buying depreciating assets they have no business owning.

Can't afford it? ******' Finance it!

Hell. I guess since our government does it, everybody else thinks its alright. Sadly these people will never get ahead financially and most likely blame the system for it.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This brings up another pet peave of mine. People that go into debt up to their eyeballs buying depreciating assets they have no business owning.

Can't afford it? ******' Finance it!

Hell. I guess since our government does it, everybody else thinks its alright. Sadly these people will never get ahead financially and most likely blame the system for it.

Come to Miami.. So what if you can't pay the rent or mortgage.. At least they are driving a new leased 911 or BMW. It cracks me up how many people have to make it look like they have money but in the end that is the reason why they never will actually have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.