Picked up my 17yr old sons Raptor today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People saying he didn't ask for anyone's advice, yeah, he basically did when he posted the thread with said title. If he didn't want to hear peoples opinions he wouldn't have posted the provided information. Also, welcome FRF where we discuss and criticize everything, this is nothing new, if it' s new to you, chances are you haven't been here long. Once again, I'm not saying anything about the safety of the kid, if he's going to get hurt it'd be on that bike long before the raptor (lets go ahead and hope that none of us ever see that day). My confusion starts with why any 17 yr old child needs three vehicles, 99.99999% of adults don't need that many, and continues with the fact that he's not working for any of it or learning the life lessons of value, expectation management, hard work, etc etc blah blah blah. I'm tired of the sense of entitlement I see in most of our countries youth and I can't help but believe that stuff like this contributes to it.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I think the whole discussion is pointless. Parenting and financial management tips are not what this forum is about. It's about Raptors. That is a nice Raptor. What one chooses to do with ones money and ones kids is their business. If the post had read "Thinking of buying my 17 year old kid a Raptor. Opinions?", THEN I think this discussion becomes relevant. He didn't ask for nor he deserved, needed or wanted parental or financial advice. A simple "nice Raptor" would have been enough. All other commentary is quite frankly unnecessary.

Nice Raptor BTW.

:mwah1:

THANK YOU!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People saying he didn't ask for anyone's advice, yeah, he basically did when he posted the thread with said title. If he didn't want to hear peoples opinions he wouldn't have posted the provided information. Also, welcome FRF where we discuss and criticize everything, this is nothing new, if it' s new to you, chances are you haven't been here long. Once again, I'm not saying anything about the safety of the kid, if he's going to get hurt it'd be on that bike long before the raptor (lets go ahead and hope that none of us ever see that day). My confusion starts with why any 17 yr old child needs three vehicles, 99.99999% of adults don't need that many, and continues with the fact that he's not working for any of it or learning the life lessons of value, expectation management, hard work, etc etc blah blah blah. I'm tired of the sense of entitlement I see in most of our countries youth and I can't help but believe that stuff like this contributes to it.

"Sense of entitlement". Exactly right. It's like a cancer that spreads throughout our entire society (though I'm not suggesting by way of Raptors). Struggle and appreciation are the only cure, in my opinion. Anyone who's ever had one of these entitled people work for them knows how horrible it really is. Nothing good can come from it.

justretired

Reaction score
This thread is about a Dad braggen that he can afford to buy his Son way more than he has earned...........
I could do that as well, and I am sure several others on here could to, but we choose not to.....as we are not as tolerant of the "entitlement generation"..........
I prefer to let them "earn" it. and have more respect for it.

With that said, that is a beautiful truck, I am sure you are proud to put your son in it, and he should be proud to have parents who can do that for him.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL... I have to think this 17 year old is going to live with Daddy until he is in his 40's, after attending school part time until his 30's. When asked about his education he will answer yes I have one. If you ask him a simple question, How many states are there? he will have the deer in the headlights stare back.. This is more a commentary of children today..

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the teachers fault. ^

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I'd hope everyone knows I'm kidding about the teacher comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.