Performance Automatic Transmission Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a new transmission pan on My raptor. Really like the looks & the fact that it holds an additional 3 quarts.........But it leaks like hell!
I have no luck when it comes to ordering stuff!
Ordered the pan.....Got a transmission adapter. Returned that & they sent me the right part. Painted the pan black & red & installed it. Went into the shop & came out an hour later to a large puddle under my truck. Bad casting & the paint (epoxy)held it for a bit, but it has 3 serious leaks right in the middle of the pan.

Attachments

• IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2594.jpg
    IMG_2594.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 150

Mach1mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine gonna install this weekend. Are the leaks only in the middle of the pan? Before I put it on I will poor some water in it and let sit to see if it leaks

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you install a new gasket? Ever put a straight edge across the bolting surfaces? Just curious. Mine is sitting on my bedroom floor. Probably gonna install this weekend as well. I'm just hoping its just your trans surface that is out of whack.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine gonna install this weekend. Are the leaks only in the middle of the pan? Before I put it on I will poor some water in it and let sit to see if it leaks

Edges are bone dry. It is the casting that is leaking between the fins.
Make sure you check it for leaks BEFORE installing SMH:snoopfacepalm:
Luckily, Summit Racing has really good customer service & has thrown another in the mail already

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Did you install a new gasket? Ever put a straight edge across the bolting surfaces? Just curious. Mine is sitting on my bedroom floor. Probably gonna install this weekend as well. I'm just hoping its just your trans surface that is out of whack.

Look at the pic & you will see the leak coming from between the fins of the pan, not the gasket. Check it for leaks first. Hopefully, I got the only "bad" one

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone know if this pan would work with SW headers and high flow cats? the cat sits right in front of the trans pan, some of the cat even hangs over the front edge. i was wondering if i would have a clearance issue. i am going to eventually do a better diff cover and trans pan...

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone know if this pan would work with SW headers and high flow cats? the cat sits right in front of the trans pan, some of the cat even hangs over the front edge. i was wondering if i would have a clearance issue. i am going to eventually do a better diff cover and trans pan...

That's a good question. I'm not sure but I'll check out Ironman's truck next time I see him. I'll throw my pan up there real quick to see if there will be any interference. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet on the exhaust.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is ironman a 6.2 or 5.4? I thought he was 5.4 and I'm not sure if they would be different or not...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4