Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the phone, they quoted me $180 for the labor and $90 for the alignment. So I drove the truck up there and left it at the shop. Later in the day they called me with an update. They suggested a cam kit (#86250) for $55.80 and the added labor cost for that was another $180. The cam kit caught me off guard, but the service tech said my tire wear would be aggressive if I didn't do it.

So the final bill was: labor $360, parts $55.80, misc $15.00, and tax $39.84... $470.64 total.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been trying to find a shop to do the mid perch where I live and not having the best of luck.

I called Firestone because they have a lifetime alignment for $169 so wanted to do that there as it is nationwide. I was talking to the manager about the mid perch and the youtube video. He said he would do it and then do the alignment.

Has anyone ever had Firestone do a mid perch?

Sent using Tapatalk

Where are you located? I have a thread going for a mid perch party coming up in the Chicago area. Lots of experience showing up and all the tools with alignment done right there too.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well I don't have my raptor yet but dropped off my truck to get an oil change at the Ford dealer just a few miles from me and started talking to the service manager about doing a mid perch on my raptor when I get it. They said they do it but it was a lot of work. Said cost would be $480 which includes alignment, ouch! I told him that it isn't a big job and he must be thinking of something else, said nope they have done about 3 so far and that was the price and it needed to be there for the day.

So this bears me to believe that if the dealer does it then there won't be any warranty issues with them down the road. Or I can go elsewhere for less. I know if Firestone does it for $200 and lifetime alignment, I am at little less than $400.

Should I let the dealer do it or Firestone?

Sent using Tapatalk

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Firestone, & your dealership is not even going to know unless you tell them. The only thing I can't see Ford covering under their warrantly is, if the shock is damaged by the person doing the perch or blowing a seal after the perch is done. I'm not sure but I don't believe the shocks would be covered under the warranty after the 36K mile have been reached. I would have to review my 100K Extended Service Plan, but I don't recall shocks be included.

D

Deleted member 12951

Firestone, & your dealership is not even going to know unless you tell them. The only thing I can't see Ford covering under their warrantly is, if the shock is damaged by the person doing the perch or blowing a seal after the perch is done. I'm not sure but I don't believe the shocks would be covered under the warranty after the 36K mile have been reached. I would have to review my 100K Extended Service Plan, but I don't recall shocks be included.

It wasn't about a warranty on the actual mid perch but more or less if there ever becomes an issue with the front end and if the dealer would come back and tell me because of the mid perch that it won't be cover. You know the typical blah, blah.

I would only be concerned about current covered warranty items.

Sent using Tapatalk

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin has anyone had any experience with a body lift instead of a mid perch. I hear it works well as to maintain the suspension integrity while still adding room in fenders

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible to get another perch added by machining the shocks? Something between Mid and Top perch?

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin has anyone had any experience with a body lift instead of a mid perch. I hear it works well as to maintain the suspension integrity while still adding room in fenders

Stay away from body lifts on raptors...unless it's a street queen and you don't mind being made fun of lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
got the mid perch done today at the dealership, talked with the service manager before I did it and he mentioned "technically" it can void some warranty but he has never had a problem getting any work done.

Attachments

• beforemidperch.jpg
    beforemidperch.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 135
  • aftermidperch.jpg
    aftermidperch.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 147

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG! I love mid perch. I have only driven it 2 days so far since having the new shoes and perch setting put on. But man it feels so damn good. I would recommend driving stock for a while (2-3months) and then do the adjustment. It really does ride better and look meaner. See Pics below.

20131216_163247.jpg20140224_182039.jpg
20131216_163138.jpg20140224_182016.jpg