Parking brake release - feels different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-PNW

Reaction score
When starting my truck in my garage (read level surface) and shifting into reverse to back out - once I give it a little gas the parking brake does release as it should, but since the rear shocks where replaced by the dealer (under warranty) it feels as if something is loose. Almost feels as if the truck backs up against the brake and then its released??? Hard to explain - but maybe someone has experienced similar?
It is going back to the stealership in a week (first appointment they had)

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When starting my truck in my garage (read level surface) and shifting into reverse to back out - once I give it a little gas the parking brake does release as it should, but since the rear shocks where replaced by the dealer (under warranty) it feels as if something is loose. Almost feels as if the truck backs up against the brake and then its released??? Hard to explain - but maybe someone has experienced similar?
It is going back to the stealership in a week (first appointment they had)
Hey don't complain about a week wait for a dealer, we're six months out at the local dealer.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you not releasing the parking brake before putting it into gear? All you’re doing is loading up be rear suspension by applying torque to the driveline while the rear wheels are still locked.

OP
OP
Steve-PNW

Steve-PNW

Reaction score
AFAIK the manual says its not required, but I certainly will do this in the future - makes complete sense. However the behavior is just new since the shocks where replaced.