Painted My SideView Mirror Reflectors Matte White

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Awesome!
Looks good with the white, I'm going to get some smoke model paint and smoke mine... Thanks for the writeup!

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome!
Looks good with the white, I'm going to get some smoke model paint and smoke mine... Thanks for the writeup!

You're welcome, Sir.... And thank you for the compliment.

why did you do flat white with the gloss white mirror cap right above it?

I actually bought 3 different whites: Valspar flat, Valspar gloss, and Rust-O-Leum Hammertone.
I experimented with all of them a bit on some random surfaces of scrap on the jobsite... I held each shade up to the mirror to try and envision it's result.

The Hammertone was a total fail... Looked gross.
The gloss looked good and I was gonna do that, but then decided I'd give the Flat White (which I originally bought for something else I haven't done yet) a try for the hell of it. The flat and gloss ones both looked like they'd match just fine so I just went with the one I preferred.

The difference in sheen truly isnt noticeable in person anyway, and I doubt you can tell the difference in the photos. ...plus since I may end up with another few parts in flat white I thought tying in a few accessories together like that would be cool. I really don't mind mixing sheens like this.... It kinda looks good. After all, Ford/SVT mixed sheens on the bedside graphics package and a lot of people seem to like that.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
JP, removing them could not possibly be more simple. Don't even waste your time searching for a thread....

Lol thanks Bro - I remembered reading something on difficulties with the mirrors, but that was taking the mirrors out.

I'm on it tomorrow morning :)

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks Bro - I remembered reading something on difficulties with the mirrors, but that was taking the mirrors out.

I'm on it tomorrow morning :)

Nice. Yeah, this "mod" is super easy but goes a long way in the looks department. I don't know about you guys, but I truly despise the look of the stock amber ones.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but I wonder if black would look even better? That way it would just blend in a bit more.

Yeah, black looks good too.... Much better than the amber.
(see ISF's pics in post #2 of this thread for an example of the blacked out)

At first I was gonna do black actually, but then realized I have yet to see anyone go white so I thought i'd give it a try first. Now that I've seen the end result in white, that's how mine are gonna stay (as long as my truck is white).

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Did mine this afternoon and love it.
Only bad part is, they're the only part of the mirrors that don't have scratches from trees, but that will likely be rectified on the May 24 long weekend.