p0128 trouble code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rafienko

Reaction score
older post I realize but im throwing this code since i tuned the truck. Ive cleared it a few times.. the weather has been very cold and I realize its a coolant temp code. Anyone see any danger in clearing the code and running like this? gauges are reading just fine. 44k mi on it. didnt think it would be the t stat already?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
older post I realize but im throwing this code since i tuned the truck. Ive cleared it a few times.. the weather has been very cold and I realize its a coolant temp code. Anyone see any danger in clearing the code and running like this? gauges are reading just fine. 44k mi on it. didnt think it would be the t stat already?

I'd have your dealership take a look, rafienko; they'll be in the best position to diagnose and determine next steps. Be sure to circle back and let us know how things progress.

Crystal

rafienko

Reaction score
I'd have your dealership take a look, rafienko; they'll be in the best position to diagnose and determine next steps. Be sure to circle back and let us know how things progress.

Crystal

Bad thermostat. Replaced and retuned to 93 5star tune and no issues. Guess it can happen with only 44k mi. Just surprised

MikeyD

Reaction score
I just changed my radiator hoses, coolant and thermostat. I pulled a P0128 code and have a low temp reading on the gauge. I “ burped” the cooling system a few times and noticed right after the check engine light came on the expansion tank was completely empty, I let the truck cool down and opened up the radiator to find it completely full so I refilled the expansion tank.
I also put in a 170° thermostat thinking that it would open earlier and keep the engine cooler could this be a problem and causing me to pull the code rather than the Motorcraft 195° thermostat?