P04DB Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDog

Reaction score
I have a 2017 that threw this code. I cleared it and the CEL turned off, but I still see the code in permanent and pending. I read that permanent will disappear automatically if the internal emmission monitors past. But I guess since it's also in pending I have some issue.

I checked the lines that go to the PVC valve simply by looking at them and nothing obvious jumps out. I took off PVC valve at idle, hooked back up to hose and it had suction.

On the driver side, I confirmed dipstick firm in place. Oil cap on tight.

These are all simple things to check after googling the code on the internet. I don't have any other symptoms besides the code. Seems to run great. A tiny bit rough at idle, but I don't think it's excessive. I also noticed mouse droppings on engine cover so I looked at the 2-3 vacuum hoses I could see that were obvious as well as wire connectors. They look fine.

I do have an ESP and I need to get the brake, tailgate and door lock recalls done so I'll probably take it in, but I need an inspection so wouldn't mind figuring it out on my oown either.

Any ideas??

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
I know better than to do this, but I just bought the tube that includes the sensor and hope that this resolves the problem. I'm not sure what other direction to go and saw some You Tube video that said the majority of the time this code trips it's indicative of the PCV tube actually being disconnected, or the sensor itself being bad. I don't have an easy way to check for vacuum leaks other than looking at hoses and don't see anything obvious.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check around the fuel filler too. There’s a vacuum connection there for the vapor emission test usually.

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
I ended up resetting the code with a code reader and before I had a chance to replace the sensor the OBD tests completed and the code wasn't re-thrown. I'll assume something to do with my Pedal Monster triggered it. I think it was user error in that I had kicked the cable and knocked it free. It has been flalwess for several years.