P to D jerking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time i shift from P to D it would jerk and make clunk noise but after a recall for powertrain control module performance for cam phaser rattle it shifts into D very smooth. No jerk and no clunk noise. Curious what how that recall fixed transmission problem any ideas? Or similar situation?

STHenry

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing until they reprogrammed the transmission. They also completed the cam phaser recall at the same time. It has been shifting like new since.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might wanna word your thread title differently...you might get @Oldfart excited or something.
When I saw this yesterday I was going to say that with the thread title I thought this was going to be about deciding when to switch from "passive" jerking to "destroy" jerking. I'm trying to be classier than that lately.

LPO4941.jpg

Last edited:

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have access to forscan you can reset the adaptive learning for the transmission. It will solve the problem. I did it some 10k miles ago and it hasn’t come back.

Seartrip

Reaction score
I had this issue appear intermittently. I tried the TCM update from Ford but it always came back after a while and relearning completed. Frustrating. I then got the Cobb TCM tune and that solved the issue. Works great. Sad it appears to be a programming issue that Ford doesn't seem to want to solve.

909franklin

Reaction score
I had this issue appear intermittently. I tried the TCM update from Ford but it always came back after a while and relearning completed. Frustrating. I then got the Cobb TCM tune and that solved the issue. Works great. Sad it appears to be a programming issue that Ford doesn't seem to want to solve.
What tcm tune from Cobb did u use

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
seriously, you shouldn’t jerk when you shift from park to drive.

V_K

Reaction score
I have the same issue any idea on how to reset this? Can I do this by disconnecting my battery?