Overheating with Full Race Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I keep saying, his problem is light bars, not intercooler.

Just for you to know you might be right I just bumped into this thread searching for an over heat problem for my truck.
My truck over heats in the dunes only Yes I do not have a bigger inter cooler yet but the only common thing is I have 2 MR lights behind the grill so I will be removing them soon and checking the temperatures, I hope this sorts out my problem.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you still did not resolved it. Have you yet changed the radiator this what I am planning to do be fire changing the intercooler and I hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a mishimoto radiator sitting in my garage. I’m also putting on an oil cooler. Between those 2 I should be good I hope.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a mishimoto radiator sitting in my garage. I’m also putting on an oil cooler. Between those 2 I should be good I hope.

Please do let us know when you install the radiator and if it helped. I am in the process of buying one but I don't want to unless it really helps.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I am stage 2 Cobb (FMIC) and turn it down to stage 0 when I tow and I can overheat pulling my travel trailer up the mountains as well.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Swap out your thermostat to a 170. Make sure the plug is in your fr radiator (you should replace the overflow spout with the plug that came with it. It is located behind the high pressure cap.)

My truck was getting warm. The tstat made a big difference. Runs legit 20 degrees cooler. I drive hard in deserts. I'm doing research on higher cfm fans now. I'm also going to ask not to adjust the fan on temp to a lower one for me.