Outlaw Hood Light Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank Rick SPRSNK for helping me today and letting me use his shop, it was a pain but thanks to the guys on this forum for posting the how to threads, all went good! I have to say that these mounts are built so well that I honestly believe they could support the weight of my truck, I am very impressed with them to say the least

My Rigid D2's should be in by the end of the week and once I install them I will post pictures,

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What made things so difficult?! Pointing out your difficulties are always a good tip. :) I'm about to start my install on my hood mounts and wasnt thinking it be that difficult (with a dremel) ..

I was thinking I would wait until I ordered my lights but that was 2 months ago, lol. Guess its time I give my mounts a go!
Glad you got yours wrapped up! Thanks.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What made things so difficult?! Pointing out your difficulties are always a good tip. :) I'm about to start my install on my hood mounts and wasnt thinking it be that difficult (with a dremel) ..

I was thinking I would wait until I ordered my lights but that was 2 months ago, lol. Guess its time I give my mounts a go!
Glad you got yours wrapped up! Thanks.

Follow Big J's write up and Puddlejumper's suggestion to loosen up the hood struts make's all the difference in the world in aligning the hood and putting the hinges back into place along the lines you drew of the stock locations on the hinge placement.

OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, as Rick mentioned the Hood struts made all the difference in the world, do that and you will have a much easier install

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the D2s installed on the Outlaw mounts and absolutely love them! Not only do they look great, but they throw a ton of light!

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on travel for work right now, so here's a recent cell phone picture. Will try and post some more pics later this week. I'm still amazed at the amount of light these things throw! I aimed them just slightly out which helps to keep the glare off the hood to a minimum and actually helps illuminates a slightly wider area around the truck.

Here's another thread with install tips, tricks and a few other pictures of the HIDX lights and D2s.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/hood-light-mounts-install-walk-thru-lots-o-pics-9705/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on travel for work right now, so here's a recent cell phone picture. Will try and post some more pics later this week. I'm still amazed at the amount of light these things throw! I aimed them just slightly out which helps to keep the glare off the hood to a minimum and actually helps illuminates a slightly wider area around the truck.

Here's another thread with install tips, tricks and a few other pictures of the HIDX lights and D2s.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/hood-light-mounts-install-walk-thru-lots-o-pics-9705/

Those look awesome! Thanks for this I wanted to see how they are going to look on my Blue truck and now I know that I will love them!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anxious to see output shots from in cab if you can position one straight forward?? (without trouble)
I LOVE the way LEDs look on the hood mounts, just Wanting to verify glare opposed to performance. I know these things perform, glad u like!