Our new 5* tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hows 93 compared to 87? What exactly is different the shift pattern or is there truly a difference in power?

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows 93 compared to 87? What exactly is different the shift pattern or is there truly a difference in power?

The 93 is dialed in for maximum performance using the higher octane. Same Street shifting in all my 5* tunes since it is so perfect for daily driving. Night and day difference between 93 and 87. Acceleration is much quicker, pulls out from start much quicker and smoother and requires much less pedal to pull out from stop, make a pass or accelerate uphill. Very little pedal required to run 45-50 mph. The 87 however is a noticeable difference over running stock tune!

Last edited:

birdman44

Reaction score
The 93 is dialed in for maximum performance using the higher octane. Same Street shifting in all my 5* tunes since it is so perfect for daily driving. Night and day difference between 93 and 87. Acceleration is much quicker, pulls out from start much quicker and smoother and requires much less pedal to pull out from stop, make a pass or accelerate uphill. Very little pedal required to run 45-50 mph. The 87 however is a noticeable difference over running stock tune!

I like my 91 tune better than the 93 tune.Seems like the truck run better and shift smoother with the 91. 93 tune shifts all over the place and the power isn't there.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my 91 tune better than the 93 tune.Seems like the truck run better and shift smoother with the 91. 93 tune shifts all over the place and the power isn't there.

Are you running 5* tunes? Our Daily Street 93 tunes perform flawless and have just gotten better the longer we have run them. Our 93's are a little stronger than the 91. Shifting is the same in all of our Daily Street tunes. As I had said, I could be happy running any of the octane levels. I highly recommend getting 5* Daily Street tunes.

Gorelaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running Daily Street 93 for 2 weeks now and I like it, only thing that annoys me is when Im on the highway @ 120 km/h every 30 sec the truck would twitch a little like its a sudden downshift or a throttle release if you know what I mean, nothing big just a small twitch for a second then back to normal.

Maybe its lacking fuel? spark thing? or because my tunes were set with the roush CAI in calibration and Im currently running stock intake? although Mike from 5* told me the stock intake will work with my tune without the need of revision.. I know this is caused by the tune because when I returned the truck back to stock it went away.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running Daily Street 93 for 2 weeks now and I like it, only thing that annoys me is when Im on the highway @ 120 km/h every 30 sec the truck would twitch a little like its a sudden downshift or a throttle release if you know what I mean, nothing big just a small twitch for a second then back to normal.

Maybe its lacking fuel? spark thing? or because my tunes were set with the roush CAI in calibration and Im currently running stock intake? although Mike from 5* told me the stock intake will work with my tune without the need of revision.. I know this is caused by the tune because when I returned the truck back to stock it went away.

Contact Jacob at 5*. He has done a great job for me. My son has the AFE Stage 2 CAI which all of his tunes have been written for and I have kept stock air box which my tunes are written for and our tunes are perfect.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have now gone from 12.2 Avg MPG to 12.5 since using 93 Daily Street tune and I run hard on the pedal and go up and down the mountain where I live 1 to 2 times each day (700 ft elev to 1750). Tune still performs flawless!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was at the Ford Dealer today and met a guy with a completely stock 2013 Raptor. He was asking me about going to mid perch so I let him drive my Raptor to see what it is like at mid perch. He immediately said that my truck was so much stronger than his and seemed to shift so much better. I told him that I had a tune. He will soon be a 5* customer!

Bad_Rooster

Reaction score
So far I ran the performance 87 tune, and Saturday I popped in the 91 performance tune minus 1 degree Global spark, Oh shit man it rips on this tune. I love the upshifts @ hard throttle, and when hot dogging love the fact it downshifts @ 51mph to 5th, 41 to 4th, 32mph to 3rd.

Just not always liking the downshifts under normal driving in town. My mileage is still down from 14.3 to 12.9 but it has been getting better the more I drive it ( started at 12.0 mpg ) Next I'll pop in the Daily street tune @ 87 plus 2 degrees global spark and try it for a week :)