GEN 2 Ordered new HRE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck won't fit in my work garage if I go 22s. So I decided to get the regular Brembos in red. I am also getting 20" hre. Debating on tire size now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much a ******** reply. Why do you give a shit if he spends his money the way he wants?

If I had the means, I would have 10 cars, 5 ATV's, and more than a few motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a list of ******** things to do:

1) Ruining the ride, handling, and capabilities of your Raptor for the sake of bling
2) Bragging about how much money you have
3) Attempting to talk down to someone about big brake kits who actually understands the Raptor and who also had his first big brake kit on a truck in the year 2003. That truck, by the way, a 2002, made more RWHP than the OP's 2017 Raptor.
4) Showing up in another thread I was posting in (creeeepy!) to claim that a truck with 8.9 pounds/horsepower could somehow be slower than a truck with 12.7 pounds per horsepower. Hello.... physics anyone?
5) Because your truck is slow, talking about how your truck would be faster through the "twisteez"... holy shit, talk about flashbacks to the '90s. Only this time, it's even worse. It's an off-road truck! The only way it could pull a G is if you rolled it... lol
6) Talking shit about the coal rolling bro-dozer crew when what you're building is basically a bro-dozer's gay little brother. A *****-dozer.
7) Putting a train horn on your truck.

I was just trying to help this clown. I see now that he is beyond saving.

As to your point, I couldn't agree more. If my budget was unlimited, I'd have a Platinum 5.0 with twin turbos, huge brakes, giant anti roll bars, and street tires. I'd also have a caged and long traveled Raptor. Among many, many other things.

What I wouldn't do is talk about how rich I am while using the wrong tool for the job. Only a tool would do that.

WarrenRB

Reaction score
I had to do it.. so I ordered 20" HRE on 37s. I think 22 are okay for the street, but I think they are a bit large.

I also ordered Brembo with red calipers, and the RPG levelling kit. Hoping this looks amazing stay tuned for the final build.

Just curious what rotor size of brake kit (front kit only or front/rear?) for 20" wheels, and have you received the kit and installed yet.

Thanks

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious what rotor size of brake kit (front kit only or front/rear?) for 20" wheels, and have you received the kit and installed yet.

Thanks
I ordered front and rear. I ordered crossdrilled with red calipers. I'm guessing they're 17" but I can't be sure. They should be here in a week.

WarrenRB

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I briefly reviewed the thread and would like to quote this comment from a Camaro Z28 member towards a track racer swapping his stock 6 pot Brembo caliper to an aftermarket calipers, for the similar questions - Why would you do that...

Searching for a better pad, I get it.
Searching for a better caliper... every racer wants every advantage they can find so why not.​

It's a good practice to check the wheels you intended to replace/upgrade with a brake kit fitment template, before purchasing the wheels to make sure the kit will fit and to avoid fitment frustration.

In general a 20" wheels can fit a rotor kit as large as 16" (406mm) rotors and you only need to check the front kit which is more critical because the front caliper is larger (6 pot) so is the rotor than the rear.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15" rotors, will require 19" wheels

If you have custom wheels and offset, you should absolutely check with them that you still have enough inner clearance

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gawd almighty. Seems there is a ******* ******* just waiting to crap on threads lately. PLEASE go somewhere else- anywhere, just go away.
Bullishone- your shit is way correct, I'm waiting for you to be the test mule on these brakes. I'm not sure I would do the 8 piston, it takes away the option of throwing the methods back on to go playing with. That's an important aspect for me.
When I drive this truck, I drive it fast, and the brake fade from 90 is immediate and severe. I had good quality vented rotors and good pads on my '10, which helped a good bit, but the calipers just didn't have any balls.
How someone chooses to use and mod their vehicle is called hot rodding. Yes, we see a lot of ricey, cheesey shit, and some of it deserves to get flamed, but getting a 6000 pound brick to stop decently seems like common sense to me. But hey, what do I know? I've only been doing it 40 years, I'm still learning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha. Well let's put it this way, my friend owns Tunerworks, and he knows everything about this truck. He is getting the brembos and wheels ordered and assured me the brakes are meant for the Raptor.

So as far as the specs go, I'm sorry I just don't know.. I know how to drive, and I'll make good use out of them :)

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Btw I cannot do the 8 piston as they'll only fit 22" wheels. I'm getting the regular Brembos ...