GEN 2 Ordered new HRE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nateburch

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

Congratulations?

You should make smarter choices.

Pretty much a ******** reply. Why do you give a shit if he spends his money the way he wants?

If I had the means, I would have 10 cars, 5 ATV's, and more than a few motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny that someone hating on a successful person buying nice wheels and brakes likely paid over MSRP for a pickup truck.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait to see it! I was tempted to wait until June also but I know how that works, June turns into January really fast then next thing you know you are held up 6-8 months waiting on calipers......

Agree Dinoone, I don't listen to them. You can tastefully mod the truck and make it look and drive better than any on the road. I know these guys love their methods and balloon tires, that's just not my style. Neither is rolling coal, but I bet some of the people here love that shit.

Anyways I ordered the Brembo then I found out about those crazy new truck calipers coming in June. I'm tempted to do the brakes later.. the thing is they require 22" wheels or they won't fit.

So I'm talking to my guy on Monday we might switch it up. I'm not sure... Initially I ordered 20" with 37s.. then I looked at more pics.. I'm on the fence.

I am getting P161 in gloss charcoal. I prefer them over Methods or Fuel any day of the week :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Proud to be a "Jennie" I guess. Although I was in a Gen1 before many of the people here so... does being a Jennie make me awesome?

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny that someone hating on a successful person buying nice wheels and brakes likely paid over MSRP for a pickup truck.
Yeah. I paid MSRP for mine in Seattle.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing this setup and getting your opinion on the brakes...glad you are setting it up how you want it, because that's what its about if you ask me. I think you will like the 37's with the RPG. I know in my thread you mentioned lack of room in the fenders with the 37s, but actually so far so good for me around town, as well as getting into a little bit of offroad trouble here and there. I get tons of compliments on the stance with 37s also.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing this setup and getting your opinion on the brakes...glad you are setting it up how you want it, because that's what its about if you ask me. I think you will like the 37's with the RPG. I know in my thread you mentioned lack of room in the fenders with the 37s, but actually so far so good for me around town, as well as getting into a little bit of offroad trouble here and there. I get tons of compliments on the stance with 37s also.
Hey man, I'm pretty sure those brakes need 20" at minimum. If you get the new Brembo that I linked to, you need 22". They're massive.

As far as the lack of room in the fenders, hard to tell in pictures I guess.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regular set up needs 20s to clear no doubt you will not get stock wheels back on the truck. The newest set up Def needs 22s there is no way that caliper will clear with 20s...IMO

I had to do the 3" RPG Collar on my truck to have the room to clear the tires. Trimmed a little plastic and good to go.

Hey man, I'm pretty sure those brakes need 20" at minimum. If you get the new Brembo that I linked to, you need 22". They're massive.

As far as the lack of room in the fenders, hard to tell in pictures I guess.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ohhh shit. Dino how tall is your truck now?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking forward to the finished product. We had couple customers order 20" HRE's that wanted the new 8 piston Brembo setup. But @dinoone is correct, you def need 22's clear that setup.