One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had the truck for about 2 weeks, appr. 400 miles, averaging 13.2 mpg, mainly mixed driving. Somewhat better than expected, might still improve slightly as engine gets broken in.

Raptor9598

Reaction score
2010 6.2L (Purchased in Sept. 2010)
Roughly 30,300 miles.
I average between 12.5 and 15.3 mpg depending on where/how I drive.

Driving around Austin, TX (mix of city and highway on a daily basis) I get about 13.5.
Driving out in the boonies (hot-dogging) or dragging crap out to the deer hunting property in SW Texas, I get about 12.5mpg. Coming back to ATX (once I get off I-10 and hop on 290) I have consistently averaged 15mpg on the last leg of the trip.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious about one of the options in the fuel consumption readout. There's 5/10/15/30 minutes of history to calculate the MPG, but also another one that says "last 5 resets." WTF does that even mean? Does that keep the memory going permanently until the sixth reset? By the way, my trucks up to almost 600 miles with a Whipple/SW lightning exahust for Supercab and a 3.375 pulley and CJ throttle body on the supercharger and I'm getting 12.7 MPG. I'm also not blasting my foot down (much) and am usually cruising right at the speed limit or 5 under because I'm still not used to driving a big ass truck yet and it's damn scary if you've never done it before and the roads are skinny like a fashion model compared to US roads.

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 6.2L Scab.
Roughly 40k KM... which translates to... somewhere around 25k miles?

Still getting 21L/100km (about 11 mpg) mixed driving... almost 50/50

Has been fairly consistent since day 1.

Although, the computer says this is the mileage... I am inclined to think it is doing worse... based on how much I am actually paying, compared to how much I calculate I should be paying based on the MPG and cost of gas. Either that, or I'm paying for gas that I'm not getting. (Which is probably likely too, in either case.)