One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've only tested regular gas, e-10 and e-30. regular and e-30 is the best.

humvee I call bs but then I have not looked but I know you like to guess a lot.

I'm not guessing. I'm not trying to be a **** either. It's just an FYI. Look it up for yourself man.

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not guessing. I'm not trying to be a **** either. It's just an FYI. Look it up for yourself man.

maybe in south dakota they have magical gas.

either that or hes just to blinded by his precious ethanol to understand the science behind it

i get 50 MPG when i run my ranger on magic bean gas :lol2:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe in south dakota they have magical gas.

either that or hes just to blinded by his precious ethanol to understand the science behind it

i get 50 MPG when i run my ranger on magic bean gas :lol2:

I understand why Wilson may like ethanol and all, but I just feel that it is wrong to continue promote it while we know for fact and years of proof that ethanol corrodes fuel lines, gaskets, varnishes fuel tanks, etc. And now even Ford and a other car manufacturers say that they will void warranty if you use fuel containing 15% ethanol or greater, then says I am guessing the issue? Tell me I'm guessing when I paid $100 every month to get my carburetor cleaned on my dirtbike. And then when I use a fuel stabilizer it completely stops getting clogged. Whatever. There is no end to this argument. You either like or you don't. Just stay away from it if you wanna maintain warranty. That is all.

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, apparently i imagine it when my sled reduces its own performance just to save itself from blowing up when i run ethanol blended gas.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
South American Policy

In Brazil, our largest South American market, the use of biofuels is a national policy. All gasoline is blended with 20 to 25 percent ethanol, and pure ethanol is extensively used as motor fuel. Most new vehicles are designed to accommodate varying amounts of ethanol. Also a minimum of 5 percent biodiesel must be added to diesel.

note the sentence that says most new vehicles are designed to accommodate varying amounts of ethanol!

this is found on the ford motor co. web site. e-30 is fine every one is just scared.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I'd say Ford is there trying to do what is right.

Sustainable Technologies and Alternative Fuels Plan

In this section

Overview of Our Plan

To meet our science-based climate stabilization goal, we are implementing our plan to significantly improve the fuel economy of our global product portfolio and enable the use of alternative fuels.

A Portfolio Approach

Ford is taking a portfolio approach to developing sustainable technologies and alternative fuel options. Our goal is to provide consumers with a range of different options that improve fuel economy and overall sustainability while still meeting individual driving needs. We call this strategy the Power of Choice.

Improving Fuel Economy

This section outlines our plans for improving the fuel economy of traditional gasoline and diesel engines. These actions include implementing advanced engine and powertrain technologies, improving aerodynamics and reducing weight.

Migration to Alternative Fuels and Powertrains

Our plans for migrating to alternative fuels and powertrains include implementing vehicles that run on renewable biofuels, increasing advanced clean diesel technologies, increasing our hybrid vehicle applications and introducing battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids. We are also working to advance hydrogen fuel cell vehicle technologies.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brazil is a special case. Over 80% of their vehicles are flex fuel vehicles, and that is government mandated that vehicles must be flex fuel. I've done research on Brazil, so I know a little bit about their situation. Also, IIRC the ethanol they use is derived from sugar cane which has a higher energy yield when made into ethanol. I do not know how this affects anything scientifically, but the take away here is that those vehicles there are flex fuel. Our 6.2 raptors are not

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most new vehicles are designed to accommodate varying amounts of ethanol.

does not say ffv.

and I for fact know Brazil imports are ethanol because ares is better. USA all the way or get out.
the US has enough fuel in state and biofuel to achieve what we use all I'm saying is lets use USA fuel.
is it not bad enough we cheep out and use cheep labor for cheeper products.