One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been down to 8 miles before.

I thought this thing had a 36 gal tank. Put about 3 gal in it, went and filled her up and only took 28 gal.

I've NEVER been able to put more than 31 gal in it regardless of how low it's gotten.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rogillio

Reaction score
Gas Mileage

This thing gets the gas mileage of an M1 Tank! The advertised gas mileage on my 2014 Raptor is 11/16. I have yet to average over 14 on the highway....and I am a very modest driver. What sort of mileage are you getting?

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPG sucks for the Raptor. If you wanted better MPGs, then you bought the wrong truck. I bought the Raptor for off road performance and wanted the 6.2 for towing occasionally. It would be nice to have better mpg, but the trade off would be an underpowered generic truck like everyone else has on the road. I don't want that and don't treat mine like a street queen.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rog....there is already a complete thread on gas mileage. Take a gander at the thread as there is lots of information.

Mikexr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this sucks but invest in A CAI, catback exhaust ..at least...if you can a tuner....
ive seen a 3-5 mpg increase under normal conditions..at its best according to the dash mpg..17.5ish at 60mph ...around town 12-13 mpg......in time these numbers will pay for your upgrades ....

my mods at those numbers where a AFE stage 2 intake, and an MBRP cat back...no tuner.........when I get home I have a afe spacer and an sct tuner to throw in..so im curious on the new gains

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a road trip from Va to Tenn. I avg 15.5 there and 15.9 home running 5mph over the posted speed all the way...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thing gets the gas mileage of an M1 Tank! The advertised gas mileage on my 2014 Raptor is 11/16. I have yet to average over 14 on the highway....and I am a very modest driver. What sort of mileage are you getting?

11.9 has been my best combined and its dropping quick in the cold weather.