One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocknink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how people get these 14mpg averages really. Probably reset the thing and run it on the highway 15min. Let it average two or three tankfuls and report back lol.

Anything above 12 is already starting to sound like "yeah right, ok" hehehe.

Haven't reset mine since she was brand new.. Have 28k miles now on my 2012 screw and am at 13.7. Don't know what to tell ya.

Sent from my signal in the wilderness..

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck measures it in km/h lol just kidding. I cannot do that on mine. Even driving super conservative to the point of feeling desperate.

I need to move where both ways are downhill or check if my tank has a leak. Damn. I'm at 11.8mph with 8k miles on my '13 and it seems impossible to just be there.

Are you stock tune and just highway miles?

D

Deleted member 12951

Been trying to avoid this thread because probably like others, I didn't get a raptor for gas mileage. I knew what I was getting myself into. I've had my raptor for a little over a month and have about 3200 miles on it so far. I am averaging 11.9

Ask me if I care?

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me neither. It's just a fun truck to play with from almost every aspect. Fuel "economy" and gas mileage is just another part of the game, at least for some. I don't believe any of us would go bankrupt over a little gas money :)

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing i see noone saying is altitude
This is a important thing
At see level an engine consums less gas then at high levels
This can explain a diffrence of 25%in some cases

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avg 14.9mpg on a trip to Liden, NJ and back with the AC on, 5ppl in the cab, and some stuff in the bed all while doing 70+.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with RDFTS. Now I know why I was avoiding this thread.

I have been driving very conservative just to get most mpg as an experiment. I believe it is because I barely see highway speeds all week. It's almost all stop and go most of the time.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

All in good fun of course.