One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know we had so many dusche bags. If your not interested why even bother looking at the post. Maybe if some of you worked harder and only worried about things that concern you, you could pay cash for your raptor. My payments are $0 what are yours. As I said, it's not about the money. If it were I wouldn't have just ordered my second one.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Econ

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since it's new, not sure what else there is. I bought mine with 26K mikes and just put in a couple of bottles of Techron right before my 30k oil change. I run premium gas only. Gives me better mileage, but costs more so it's awash. To get those advertised mpgs, on either the Raptor or any other car, I found you have to coast a lot, avoid hard acceleration, etc. and that just sucks the fun outta driving a Raptor.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Seems to me we have a failure to communicate" (best line from the movie Cool Hand Luke).

The only way I have seen improvement in my MPG is to drive the Interstate with the cruise control set at 80 (just saw 13.1 MPG since I got the truck 76k miles ago.

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running a 5 star Eco 87 tune and always had my display on the instant mpg, now I just said F it and run the 87 Eco tune and fill up with 91. I stopped worrying about mileage and just put gas in when it needs it. Lot more fun to drive that way.

Meant to say I'm running the 87perf 5star map. My mpg still sucks, about 10.5 in town and 13mpg highway. I haven't really found anything or anyway to improve other than drive it easy. I can't believe how much a good strong head wind on the highway can really drop that mpg down to about 8. Lol

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're not all "dusche bags" or **********. Some of us just don't give a crap about the mileage we get. I honestly love when I see my average mpg in the five to seven mpg range. But when I really want to "hypermile" the Raptor I pull out the custom removable floor board and Fred Flinstone the bitch!

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**********...... lol There have been discussions on the different tunes, but you have already verified that it doesn't seem to make a difference. There have been discussions on reducing the drag of the tailgate, but a camper shell din't help my MPG.

BTW, what is the advertised MPG for the 6.2?

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess at 13.1 I am not doing to bad. I accelerate pretty hard but I do coast to red lights and use CC all the time. But i always drive that way regardless of what I am driving.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Name calling really!?! You had to know your gonna get some humorous comments. Hell that's one of the things I love about this forum. Going downhill on the freeway I can pull 19 mpg around 75-80, round trip 14.8 no cc a lite foot is more sensitive. But I really have to work at it, pay no attention 13.1-12.8. I think staying with the stock tires helps the highway mpg. Only engine mods I'm running are a filter & muffler.