Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come one, come all. What quality issues does your 2024 R have?

I’ve had my R for 4 hours and noticed a few things.

- Corrosion on dual valve solenoid
- Hairline crack on the top of my driver headlight
- Tailgate appliqué coming off
- Missing valve cover trim piece
- Misaligned rear bumper, lower on passenger side
- Not quality I guess, but honorable mention for spray-in liner not covering the box link mounts

I feel like I’m missing something, I’ll add if I find it. I’m not usually a nitpicker, and I’m sure Ford will fix these issues, but really?
Coincidentally, Ford just released a bulletin this past week with addition PDI checks and labor time for 2024 F-150/Raptor and Ranger/Raptor. The bulletin specifically calls out checking the tailgate appliqué for warpage among other check’s. So apparently they’re well aware of the appliqué issue and the dealer should have no issue replacing it under warranty.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my truck was delivered the week before the Enhanced PDI. The dealer took some pictures yesterday of my missing engine trim, mismatched front seats, and tailgate appliqué. I’m sure they’ll all be corrected.

The cracked headlight wasn’t actually cracked. It turned out to be glue that could be picked off.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I think my truck was delivered the week before the Enhanced PDI. The dealer took some pictures yesterday of my missing engine trim, mismatched front seats, and tailgate appliqué. I’m sure they’ll all be corrected.

The cracked headlight wasn’t actually cracked. It turned out to be glue that could be picked off.

You should have just bought a Toyota....

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The color red is apparently on constraints…

:anitoof:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is sprayed behind and my cleats clicked in and locked
Awesome; if it’s sprayed on too thick, they won’t. Willing to bet Ford got tired of doing warranty work for the issue.

Last edited: