Odd issue of not starting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
so to clarify, when you tried startig thetruck, it would crank, but not start?

Correct..it would turn over but not fire. Crank but not start.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Maybe put your hand on it and see if you can feel the ticking. The dealer won't replace this item because it will not throw a code. 55 bucks at the part house and 10 minutes worth of labor at most and you should be good to go.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I'm going to check this more thoroughly in the morning for the ticking and if it is then off to the parts house I go.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct..it would turn over but not fire. Crank but not start.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Thanks Jeff. I'm going to check this more thoroughly in the morning for the ticking and if it is then off to the parts house I go.
do me a favor and try your other key

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
So this morning I decided to drive it to church seeing as it was cranking just fine with no issues. Made it to church with nothing unusual, even took the spare key with me just in case. Got ready to leave and we have another repeat of yesterday, turns over but dose not fire. Got lucky enough to get a ride home from a church member and will be going back out this evening to try and crank it again. So this is what I am taking from my situation, cranks and runs fine when starting from a completely cold start. After driving a few miles and coming up to temperature, there is a good chance of it not starting again till its completely cold.....Hopefully...Hoping i dont end up with a towing bill.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Spoke with our tuner on this , his opinion is that it is evap related meaning it's most likely a canister purge valve.

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
Tried several local parts stores today and no luck. Pretty much 5-7 day wait for it to be shipped; with that in mind, I'm really hoping the stealership might have one in stock or able to get one quicker.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried several local parts stores today and no luck. Pretty much 5-7 day wait for it to be shipped; with that in mind, I'm really hoping the stealership might have one in stock or able to get one quicker.

Have you reached out to your dealership yet, KevinMs? That's definitely a great next step. Let us know if you decide to go that route; I'll continue to check on this thread for your updates.

Crystal