October Oklahoma Dune Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The plan is still Oct. 12-14 for the dune trip. Little sahara is an awesome place for these truck, no doubt. Camping is available at the dunes. IMG_4287.jpg
IMG_4112.jpg
IMG_4113.jpg

Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
no salty spray to rust all your crap. and no idiot people stealing your stuff. and its not windy

I was in Kansas last week and I ran down hwy 34 to hwy 64 east to get a look at the area and no huge dunes I would imagine but kinda rolly and brushy. How far from the river ? can you get to the river that flows to the east of the dunes ? Then it would be kinda like the Colorado river.

And not windy ? I woke up in tonkawa and it was blowin like crazy !

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We plan on being there. Its the week after the Chupacabra 300 so as long as that goes well (no broken Raptors) we'll be there.

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I was in Kansas last week and I ran down hwy 34 to hwy 64 east to get a look at the area and no huge dunes I would imagine but kinda rolly and brushy. How far from the river ? can you get to the river that flows to the east of the dunes ? Then it would be kinda like the Colorado river.

And not windy ? I woke up in tonkawa and it was blowin like crazy !

The dunes arent the massive ones like out west, but they are decent even for sand rails. I have been there only once, didn't know about any river. There are a ton of open dunes, not brushy. The pics I showed are a small part, doesn't even show the big tall open area. and there was no wind while I was there. compared to pismo (which is a always windy) it isnt bad.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

We plan on being there. Its the week after the Chupacabra 300 so as long as that goes well (no broken Raptors) we'll be there.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.