Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW our first order that was built 10/14 and my truck that was built 11/26 were both released 12/17 for shipping.

Well, thats good news. Released as in awaiting shipment, or released as in being loaded up and ready to go?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you heard of something like that before? Pre-OKTB builds held back?

I haven't heard of it but it doesn't mean that's never happened. It's not necessarily true on the Raptors because our 10/14 build truck has been released.

You know I was just thinking about all of the different info and stories that have been told about the Raptor delays. It boggles my mind of how many different reasons people have been told regarding the delays. It's pretty obvious the decision makers for Ford have told all of their employees not to give ANY info out regarding the delays. I've been told before by a rep that I hounded for info that they are basically told what limited info they can release.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Hey! Still waiting for it to be released from the plant. Fingers crossed for movement this week.

Sarah". Just now.

Wow thanks Sarah. Big help.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of it but it doesn't mean that's never happened. It's not necessarily true on the Raptors because our 10/14 build truck has been released.

You know I was just thinking about all of the different info and stories that have been told about the Raptor delays. It boggles my mind of how many different reasons people have been told regarding the delays. It's pretty obvious the decision makers for Ford have told all of their employees not to give ANY info out regarding the delays. I've been told before by a rep that I hounded for info that they are basically told what limited info they can release.

I just reread my message from my dealer. The rep did say all pre-OKTB were to release BY 12/24. So it's likely since yours was built a littler earlier than mine that it got released first. Hopefully I'm in the next day or so.

Then it has to ship....ugh

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just reread my message from my dealer. The rep did say all pre-OKTB were to release BY 12/24. So it's likely since yours was built a littler earlier than mine that it got released first. Hopefully I'm in the next day or so.

Then it has to ship....ugh

I can see that happening. Something else to keep in mind here is that Ford is covering the floor plan when these trucks are delayed and held before the dealer plus they can't count them as sold. So for truck leadership and profit numbers I'm sure they want them moved before the end of the year.

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still sitting "in transit" since Dec 9th

built 10/31
retrofit done 11/9
released 12/5
in transit (norfolk southern Ramp 58 - Melvindale, MI) 12/9

So, my truck has been sitting at the same place "in transit" for 11 days now. It seems a little fishy that it wouldn't have moved by now if there wasn't some type of hold still in place......I'm in KC where tons of NS train routes intersect, so doesn't make any sense. Have any of the retrofit trucks actually been delivered? Seems to support a few posts on here that Dec 23rd may be a date where they let the trucks actually move...

**FWIW, just talked to GM at the dealership and his regional rep said they are all scheduled to start actually moving tomorrow (12/21). As with any other news, I'll believe it when I see it, but the regional rep sent the email 15 mins ago...... still keeping the faith for pre-2017 arrival.

Last edited:

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
built 10/31
retrofit done 11/9
released 12/5
in transit (norfolk southern Ramp 58 - Melvindale

**FWIW, just talked to GM at the dealership and his regional rep said they are all scheduled to start actually moving tomorrow (12/21). As with any other news, I'll believe it when I see it, but the regional rep sent the email 15 mins ago...... still keeping the faith for pre-2017 arrival.

I'll believe it when I see it.... it would be nice if it were true.

This whole thing is especially annoying because terms like built, released, and in transit have become meaningless. It's like we r dealing with politicians.

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ford told me today and what my dealer told me today ...... it's insane that my oct 19 built ain't here but December builts are already in customers hands SMH ford

Attachments

• IMG_7943.jpg
    IMG_7943.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7944.jpg
    IMG_7944.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 73