New Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed Garrett 2 Turbos? Or any numbers with turbos, fuel pump upgrade, ect..??

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did read you will need a tune to run those turbos. If you run on stock program you will get underboost codes . They are more efficient your not heating air as much as stock ones. You will get better density air to engine. Just don't go crazy boost on stock engine

WideBody

Reaction score
I have the garrets on order and will have installed by salty gears in Salt Lake City as soon as they arrive. I’ll take photos and let you know. I am doing a dyno before and after as well. They want me to switch to a gear head tune as well (currently on 5 star) but I’m thinking of going Cobb with goosetuned.

WideBody

Reaction score
@Quiker amazing write up!! Incredible. How is it so far? How big of a difference in power, torque, HP? Can you absolutely feel it? I am having mine done in 2 weeks and cannot wait. I have many of the same upgrades as you (tune, SPd downpipes and turbo adapters, CAI, etc). Turbo upgrade next step and modded tune accompany the change. Cannot wait. I’m very interested in your feedback on the overall feel and change? Any dyno post?
I’ll be running 91 and 93, won’t be doing any e85 or anything likely. Curious, do you need to do the HPFP and injectors or are you doing that to accommodate the better fuel? From what I was told with the turbo upgrade you don’t necessarily need to unless going 85,50, etc.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you. I'm on my 3rd tune file from GooseTuned - and yes a noticeable improvement - I post more after doing some runs with the latest tune I received today. I believe I'll eventually run out of fuel with this much more airflow - so ordered a new HPFP and 1050cc injectors. I'll do a little writeup on those installations - which look pretty straight forward.