New Raptor Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My driveway has a 10 degree slope. I have a scab hasn't happened yet. The tank is smaller and maybe fuel pick up is in different set up location?
My state allows up to 15 degree driveways, some states up to 20. Some have no regulations at all.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EricM nailed it. Look under your truck, on a SCREW, the tank is narrow and long, so 1/4 tank is not much fuel and at an incline with the pick up at the taller end.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the stranger question here is why did you pay $80k for a $60k truck? Chinese math?...

If you paid that much over, hell, you've got a lot more to complain about... like giving $20k away.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your fuel pick up is in the very rear of the tank. All the 36 gallon tanks are like this. Keep it over half from now on.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the stranger question here is why did you pay $80k for a $60k truck? Chinese math?...

If you paid that much over, hell, you've got a lot more to complain about... like giving $20k away.

You know the Chinese are very good at math, right? By score, they are ranked 5th in the world.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/inclined-gas-tank-empties-early-51863/

Happened to me too. Best explanation. I guess if u have to choose whether u run out of gas going down or up a hill, I'd rather run out going down so u can roll forward with no power.

When it happened to me, I just put in a gallon of gas I had for my snow thrower, rolled off the driveway to flat ground and it started up. Glad I had an out.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes... sir f you watch how they manipulate currency you'd swear they have a kind of math no one comprehends.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with the incline/decline.

I actually had the same issue with mine withing 24 hours of owning it. It only happen once though. Mine too failed to start after a failed remote start attempt. The first 24 hours of owning the car I could never get a remote start to work.. it would always blink back at me failed. However since then I've had no issues and it remote starts and starts normally every time.

Your remote may be a different issue but like others - it's the angle

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/36-gallon-tank-problem-295276/