New Raptor Pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gah I hate people who left foot brake on the streets. I can see how it would make things easier off road, but those damn old Chinese women who do it are so unpredictable

---
I am here: Google Maps
-
-Posted with my iPhone.

This is where Ford does lots of cold weather testing... Spent many a cold ass day and night there... We also did some up in Yellow Knife...
Google Maps

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those questioning left-foot braking...

With an automatic, it's a non-issue. I've always left-foot braked for various reasons.

1) You can cover the brake ahead of time and pre-empt traffic situations.

2) Can be smoother/less jerky for passengers during power to braking transitions

3) Safety (can be argued) but if you've EVER seen anyone attempt to emergency-stab the brake pedal with their right foot, and miss; slamming the accelerator instead of the brake and then go full force into a stationary object of choice... you tend to be a fan of left-footing.

Obviously in a manual this isn't possible, but I've never had an issue going back/forth between the two. Conditioning for each situation I suppose, but I hate right foot braking. Plus, as others said, it's very handy offroad.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Left footing us a terrible habbit, the second you try to drive a manual you're ******. Ive seen it so many times with people who aren't very bright lol.

Rally drivers seem to be able to handle it.

Banned
Reaction score
Rally drivers are experienced drivers lol.

I'm talking about the typical person who drives to and from work, grocery store etc, and that's it.

Of course there are people who can handle it no problem, I'm just saying I've seen it happen, left foot braker tried driving manual and just didn't happen. I myself would not want to be limited to driving automatic because of a bad habit.

Just my view

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.647593,-98.543519
-
-Posted with my iPhone.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rally drivers are experienced drivers lol.

I'm talking about the typical person who drives to and from work, grocery store etc, and that's it.

Of course there are people who can handle it no problem, I'm just saying I've seen it happen, left foot braker tried driving manual and just didn't happen. I myself would not want to be limited to driving automatic because of a bad habit.

Not really like that.... Those of us who are routine to using the left foot for things are more capable and less hindered... I've spent half my life in clutch driven vehicles and the switch back to forth is no issue. 80% of the time I'm driving Rt foot only, however during off road or technical driving I'm left brake, right throttle only... That's the ZONE for me!!!:shocked:

Banned
Reaction score
Well ya, because you do drive off road lol. But Let's say mrs money drives an auto BMW, left foot brakes and has all her life. Husband buys her a stick shift, second she goes to hit the brakes she just pushes her left foot in, habit, car doesn't stop. All she did was hit the clutch.

Friend of mines mother did this, drove a stick hit the clutch instead of brake out of habit and was in an accident.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.647642,-98.543494
-
-Posted with my iPhone.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ya, because you do drive off road lol. But Let's say mrs money drives an auto BMW, left foot brakes and has all her life. Husband buys her a stick shift, second she goes to hit the brakes she just pushes her left foot in, habit, car doesn't stop. All she did was hit the clutch.

Friend of mines mother did this, drove a stick hit the clutch instead of brake out of habit and was in an accident.

Kind of an obvious example of inexperience and inattentiveness.

Grew up with both, driving auto/manual in their respective ways. I guess it's a mindframe and putting yourself in a vehicle to do a job; not just sit there and do things by route.

I also tend to drive a lot of different vehicles, so its like going through a mental checklist for whatever I'm driving.

The biggest thing with a manual; you stomp both feet during a panic stop. You can never go wrong if you use both feet during panic braking (one clutch, one brake, simultaneously).

Last edited: