Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon via Bellingham, Washington!

Yea, the ostensive center caps turn me off; I like clean simple designs that are easy to keep clean :)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so you guys are looking to pull the wheel in the fender slightly, I'll have to look up what the maximum allowable backspace is on the raptors to see what positive offset we can do. Thanks for the insight guys

stock offset is +36. 0 offset puts our tire(depending on some tires) just slightly out side the fender flare. negative offset is not healthy for our suspension so we like to stay 0 or + offset

OP
OP
EagleOffroad

EagleOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I'll work on getting a more + offset available. Someone else suggested a +18 for the 17x9, i'll see what I can do.

Our current set up of 17x9 -5 offset (4.750 BS) would stick out roughly 1/2 an inch further than something like the Method 17x8.5 0 offset

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

You guys dont like the new AE centercaps???

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our current set up of 17x9 -5 offset (4.750 BS) would stick out roughly 1/2 an inch further than something like the Method 17x8.5 0 offset

That actually equates to the rim extended an additional 47mm (1.85") over the stock offset.

I've tried to stick with the stock geometry, but with RPG UCA w/ 1" bearings and some tires, that is a tight fit. An additional 10mm of clearance would be welcome and not significantly affect geometry.

For a 8.5” wide rim that would give as a 26mm offset and extend the rim an additional 10mm (0.39”) outward.

For a 9” rim, you first need to look at what equates to the stock backspacing, which is a 30mm offset. So, even with the stock backspacing, a 9” rim extends out an additional 12.35mm (0.49”). Now add an additional 10mm of inner clearance and you would have a 9” rim with a 20mm offset. This gives us a rim that extends out a total of 22.35mm (0.88”).

My preference would be the 8.5” rim with a 26mm offset.

By the way, welcome to the site!!!

Last edited: