New Member from Austin,TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it noticeably more difficult to park a raptor compared to a regular truck?
It's never been an issue for me and I live in the city. You definitely feel the width compared to an average car/suv, but it's very tolerable. Parking is a breeze with the cameras. It's less of a pain that parking a F250, Suburban, etc.

Raptor will give you a lot more joy driving than a Tremor, but it really matters on what you're looking for. Hauling the family in either will be about the same experience, the Raptor is a very comfortable riding truck.

If you narrow down on a Raptor, there is differences and improvements with the 17-18 models and the 19-20s, use the search function or google to help you out there. Biggest differences are suspension and mechanical improvements to issues the early model gen2s saw. I can't speak much on the Gen3s, I know there is some comfort features missing/added between year models, but nothing mechanical/exterior related afaik.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
The F150 platform is a great family vehicle. It's my families number one choice for any road trips. I've had both F150 and Raptor, the additional with is not noticeable. If you don't plan on using the Raptor for what it's for the Tremor might be "good enough".

atlantaraptorx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy!

I am new to this forum - I'm from Austin,TX. I'm a "car guy". I drive a Tesla Model 3 Performance and have a another SUV for the family. I am interested in a pickup truck - specifically the F150 Raptor. I also am curious about the Tremor and the RAM Limited Elite (yes, not in the league of the raptor, I know).

Would love to hear your thoughts: Raptor vs Tremor and other options
Is the Raptor a practical Daily Driver ?
How much bigger is it compared to a regular F-150?
Raptor reliability ?
Raptor - how comfortable / practical is it as a family car ?

Thanks a lot
KA
My spouse (sometime me too) drives a Y performance and I just traded a 2021 Tremor with the mid grade package for a new Raptor 37. After I purchased the Tremor - the front rake was irritating - so I immediately added Eibach shocks all around to level the front, then bigger tires to make the elevated front look proportional. Looked great but the ride was unsettling on rough or uneven pavement. The Tremor also had a tow package which included larger mirrors that made city driving stressful (mirror bumping with other trucks was pretty common). After keeping the tremor for about 10 months, I upgraded to the Raptor (last week) - So far, I'm very pleased -no more side mirror jockeying with other trucks, the ride is better in the Raptor than my last SUVs - 2020 and 2022 Range Rover Sport. I live in Atlanta (inside the city) and I can say the Raptor is great on the city streets. I can barely feel pot holes, speed bumps/humps anymore. Maneuvering parking lots isn't bad because of all the tech - cameras and sensors - on the truck (Tremor had this too). I regretted certain things about the Tremor but I had to move slowly into the 100k truck category - Interestingly, with the Tremor and Raptor, I no longer experience much road rage - (which is a real problem here in Atlanta) something about a big trucks I guess. For me the Tremor was a reasonable choice but I regretted not having some of the comfort features that the raptor has - namely, MUCH better ride, upgraded interior, sunroof, suspension adjustments, better performance etc. The Raptor is much easier to live with than the Tremor if you're not accustomed to the way a Pickup drives - The Tremor has a higher towing and payload capacity - for me the driving characteristics are more important - so if you plan on towing regularly the Raptor is probably not the right choice (it will droop in the rear when you add any real weight to the bed, including a trailer).

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a very Austin, TX inquiry. Is parking going to be a problem? Do you miss Bluecruise (my Tesla autopilot is soo good!)? Is this truck too masculine?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter