New Member - Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntev29

Reaction score
New member here,

I have a 2018 Gen 2, in lead foot grey, located in Florida. Few problems have popped up over the last year that caused my to come onto the forum, to include the cam phaser issue, the transmission acting like it doesnt know what gear it wants to be in (hard shifting at times), and last week, a water leak from the rear window switch.

20201122_062416.jpg20231013_153755.jpg

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!!

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
New member here,

I have a 2018 Gen 2, in lead foot grey, located in Florida. Few problems have popped up over the last year that caused my to come onto the forum, to include the cam phaser issue, the transmission acting like it doesnt know what gear it wants to be in (hard shifting at times), and last week, a water leak from the rear window switch.

View attachment 428043View attachment 428044
Welcome. So, did you get all those issues sorted out? I've seen them mentioned a few times on here.

OP
OP
N

ntev29

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, Florida man.

What color are you going to paint it when it matures?
Quite happy with the Lead Foot for the last few years, don't see that changing.

Welcome. So, did you get all those issues sorted out? I've seen them mentioned a few times on here.
Cam Phaser: Trying to do some research, it appears the CSP notice went out years ago, I never was aware of it. Trying to figure out a work around, probably will try to argue loyalty to Ford customer service, however I'm not thrilled they've outsourced their customer support to x country.
Transmission: No, I've found a TSB that talks about the transmission issues and PCM flash, but when I called the dealership they said it wasn't applicable to my VIN (2018).
Water leak: Picture above is where I pulled the headliner down. Gave the truck a bath for 30 mins looking for leaks, bone dry. Blew out all 4 drain hoses and have been crossing my fingers since.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

The search function on here is amazing. You have already been talking with FTO on the phasers. Check sunroof drains. Look into a TCM tune from Goosetuned ti smooth out the shifting. Or at least use forescan to reset the TCM.

Why did you wait until you had problems before joining FRF? Seems to be a common thing lately.

OP
OP
N

ntev29

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

The search function on here is amazing. You have already been talking with FTO on the phasers. Check sunroof drains. Look into a TCM tune from Goosetuned ti smooth out the shifting. Or at least use forescan to reset the TCM.

Why did you wait until you had problems before joining FRF? Seems to be a common thing lately.

Does the TCM really resolve the issue? I have forescan, will look into it. Can the goosetune be installed via forescan?

Waiting would imply that I knew this forum existed before I had problems, I didn't. Glad to be here though, looking forward to the community.