New Guy in WI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TornadoMaker

Reaction score
I currently do not own a Raptor but do want one in the worst way but being only 19 I have plans to better myself for what I plan to do (going back on my roots in GM vehicles)

I have a 2000 Silverado right now (with a 5.3 "tornado maker" vortec) that I would like to throw a new oil pump in it and use it and my 2001 monte carlo as a trade in so I guess what I would like is to learn what I can and can't do with a raptor and what I can expect from one.

I would like to upgrade up to a full 4 door instead of my extended cab 4 door

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Welcome. You came to the right place. You won't go wrong with a raptor. Very capable for a production vehicle, even in stock form, amazing after a few mods.

OP
OP
T

TornadoMaker

Reaction score
I do plan to get one with the graphics on the bed in either the blue, red, or tan (desert) color and possibly exhaust or at least a nice tune

anything I should look at specifically when I go to look at one at a dealer? Suspension?