New Guy in Western NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @TrailWhale!

Congrats on your truck! I second the suggestion for some Amsoil MPHD to keep the rust away. Freedom Motorsports can help you with that.

-Dan

OP
OP
TrailWhale

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes guys!
I will look into the MPHD, thanks for the suggestion.
Sitting at the dealership now, getting the squeaking idler pulley replaced, and have a rotational grinding noise going on as well. Just in corners, and above 30mph. Does it in 2wd and 4wd. Sounds like a backing plate rubbing a rotor.

Will see what they find.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Welcome! If you're on Facebook join Raptors of the Carolinas or keep an eye out on here, we try to have monthly meets and balance between offroading and meet ups. Next meet is camping over thanksgiving, then December is participating in the Oak Island Christmas parade. Hope to meet up with you soon

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes guys!
I will look into the MPHD, thanks for the suggestion.
Sitting at the dealership now, getting the squeaking idler pulley replaced, and have a rotational grinding noise going on as well. Just in corners, and above 30mph. Does it in 2wd and 4wd. Sounds like a backing plate rubbing a rotor.

Will see what they find.
Yeah. I've had my idler oily replaced a few times.
As for the grinding, it may be the front IWE due to poor vacuum.
What's the word back from the dealer?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Sitting at the dealership now, getting the squeaking idler pulley replaced, and have a rotational grinding noise going on as well. Just in corners, and above 30mph. Does it in 2wd and 4wd. Sounds like a backing plate rubbing a rotor.

Will see what they find.

How are things going at the dealership, TrailWhale? Give me a shout via PM if you'd like me to jump in and help. All I need to get started is your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer.

Crystal

OP
OP
TrailWhale

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back in here, traveling today.

Yukon Joe,
Yes, it does appear to be the IWE according to the tech. Part is on order, and I have an appointment on Wednesday to get it replaced.

Crystal,
Thanks for the offer! You actually helped me a while back with my 2012 F250 and replacing the ring and pinion when I was down in Orlando. It's really good to know you are over here as well! My servicing dealer here in NC has been great (Four Seasons Ford) and way more helpful than a couple other dealers I've visited in this area. If there ever is an issue, you will be the first person I reach out to.

Raptors are a rare truck, and even more so up here in the mountains of NC, my service dealer said this is the first one they've even had in their service department. They are treating me very well. I will report back after Wednesday and update everyone.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Welcome! If you're on Facebook join Raptors of the Carolinas or keep an eye out on here, we try to have monthly meets and balance between offroading and meet ups. Next meet is camping over thanksgiving, then December is participating in the Oak Island Christmas parade. Hope to meet up with you soon

Just saw this response,
Not a FB user, but will definitely watch here for some get togethers. Not sure I can make thanksgiving or Christmas this year, but will see. Thanks for the offer!
Hope to meet up soon.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Crystal,
Thanks for the offer! You actually helped me a while back with my 2012 F250 and replacing the ring and pinion when I was down in Orlando. It's really good to know you are over here as well! My servicing dealer here in NC has been great (Four Seasons Ford) and way more helpful than a couple other dealers I've visited in this area. If there ever is an issue, you will be the first person I reach out to...

Sounds good, TrailWhale! You know how to get in touch if you need me to step in and help out. :)

Crystal