NEED HELP: NY registration problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, in NY and NJ you have to watch where you drive if you have commercial plates.
You can't even have commercial vehicles parked overnight at home either in some towns.
Most of the roads that have commercial restrictions couldn't support trucks anyway because of low over passes and weight limited bridges.

I believe California is worse when it comes to registering a Raptor.

Last edited:

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In CA your stuck with commercial plates, but there aren't all the stupid road restrictions like NY.
I don't know how anyone can stand to live there (I still have some family there) the government screws you guys 10 ways from Sunday. I thought CA was bad, but they make NY look like paradise.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So way have commercial plates if there isn't any restrictions?
There has to be more to it, I would think.

I have a commercial drivers license and drive over weight heavy equipment the rules are there for a reason!!!!!
Just because you don't know something doesn't mean it's stupid, does it makes things more difficult, yes.

Last edited:

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evo: do yourself a favor and get out of NY while you still can. Best thing I ever did. You couldn't pay me enough to go back there!

And all you need to do to get pas plates is to sign the document that says you have a cap on the truck. You don't have to bring it there or show them anything.

--john

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea they finally lifted the driving ban for the south towns today. My friends shop had all of their towing equipment sent down to pull cars out so they could finish clearing the roads.