NE Int'l Auto Show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went to the show up in Boston this past Saturday with a buddy of mine. Had low expectations, as I'd been to this show a few teams in the recent past, so I try to space out my attendance.

The fact that it had been at least 2 years since I last went, and the possibility of seeing the Gen 2 Raptor in person made the decision very easy for me. I didn't take many photos and because the direction my buddy and I took when we entered and navigated the show, I didn't see the Raptor until the very end.

And all I can say is, wow, talk about saving the best for last. Now, I've never sat in a Raptor (Gen 1, included) and the closest I've been to one is when I walked by one parked at my job last summer. So I don't have anything to compare it to in terms of sheer size, but this thing was a BEAST.

With the crazy amount of people hovered around the Raptor, I couldn't get many quality photos, but here are a few I captured:

32271310671_99fe932c8e_z.jpg

32271311831_ba49dd0472_z.jpg

32352458956_a8ed5d5112_z.jpg

I need to experience a Raptor in my life. I actually know a guy who knows a guy (true story) who owns one and has promised to take me for a drive in the near future. I don't want to pressure the guy, but I'm getting antsy as shit already.

In the meantime, I've been checking out the various dealers in the area and it looks like one does have a Gen 2 on the lot. And at only $84,880 (after $5000 savings), it's quite the bargain:

32014450210_1222d75a7a_c.jpg

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MSRP on the black one is $69880....run away, fast.

Oh, don't you worry...I'm at least a year away from even entertaining the purchase of a Raptor. I literally just want to test drive one and am very curious to see how willing dealerships are to let "just anyone" test drive them.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll depending on the trade offer I've made a deal for that truck at the Auto Show....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We'll depending on the trade offer I've made a deal for that truck at the Auto Show....

Assuming you do buy it, and depending on what time you were at the show, just know my ass may have been in that driver seat before yours ever was. [emoji23]

But if you actually do get it, then you're the man and I'm just a wanna be who sat in the truck. Ha!

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you do buy it, and depending on what time you were at the show, just know my ass may have been in that driver seat before yours ever was. [emoji23]

But if you actually do get it, then you're the man and I'm just a wanna be who sat in the truck. Ha!

Lol. And I was never at the show. Called the dealer today and working on a trade. So A LOT of asses were in that seat before me!

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. And I was never at the show. Called the dealer today and working on a trade. So A LOT of asses were in that seat before me!

Haha, even better. Make sure to keep us all posted. Good luck!