Nav-tv vs Coastal Tech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not true. I have the lock pick, and use the front camera all the time with it.

My OLD lock pick only worked with a 3rd party alt camera i had mounted on the license plate bracket facing forward.

The new lock pick works with factory ford cameras, and if you don't have them, you can get them with the rest of the package.

Is it ALL plug plug and play?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not true. I have the lock pick, and use the front camera all the time with it.

My OLD lock pick only worked with a 3rd party alt camera i had mounted on the license plate bracket facing forward.

The new lock pick works with factory ford cameras, and if you don't have them, you can get them with the rest of the package.

Damn, might have done that if would have known. I emailed them a month ago and they said it doesn't so front oem camera at all. They said it definitely did with after-market cameras.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2013 came with a rear camera but no front camera. Would the coastal tech lock pick then allow me to install an aftermarket front camera and activate it while parking? I saw the install video and it looks like a very slick solution with their plug and play harness and activating both cameras with the steering wheel buttons.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do we have any option to access the front camera? NavTV only? How much Busa? How much installed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you adding a front camera, which one are you getting and how are you mounting it?

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the group buy?*Found it. I have a hard time dropping that much $ just to enable the front camera as that's all I really care about.

Coastal is almost half the price of Nav-TV and its frustrating to see how cheaply one can add a front/side/rear camera and all I want to do is interface with the existing/have it work as it shoud've in the first place.

*Emailed coastal tech to see if they now have it working for the front camera.

**Coastal tech still doesn't have it working for the factory front camera

Last edited: