nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I received mine too. The instructions are decent, but leave me with a few questions.

1) Just to clarify, I need to provide two wires to extend from the blue pigtail (labeled CAMERA) and orange pigtail (labeled BCM) to the camera wire (gray w/ violet) under the hood.

2) The manual says I can double tap the front defrost buttom to activate the VIM. It also says I can force power to the activate the VIM by supplying +12V power to the second orange (INPUT 3) wire pigtail. What exactly does this activate? Is this for an auxiliary 3rd camera in addition to the OEM front and rear cameras?

3) The manual says I can double tap the rear defrost button to activate the rear camera. It also says I can force power to activate the rear camera by supplying +12V power to the second orange (INPUT 2) wire pigtail. I guess I don't really have a question about this, but please see #4 below.

4) There is no mention of forcing the front camera, but there is a red wire pigtail (labeled INPUT 1) that is not mentioned in the manual at all. If INPUT 2 is the rear camera and INPUT 3 is the aux camera, I assume INPUT 1 must be the front camera. Can I supply +12V power to this wire to force the front camera?

5) What are the two output wires pigtails for; white (OUTPUT 3) and blue w/ white (OUTPUT 2)? I don't see these mentioned in the manual.

6) What are the two included USB wires for? I assume the plug into the A and B modules, but what is the other end for?

I would like to add a 2nd upfitter switch panel (Sitdown mod) and use one switch to activate the front camera and one to activate the rear, if possible. It sounds like the rear camera won't be a problem. Not sure about the front.

Sorry for all the questions, maybe these questions should be directed towards Nav-TV or maybe there's an install write up somewhere.

Last edited:

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received mine too. The instructions are decent, but leave me with a few questions

I'll answer on my install and use

1) Just to clarify, I need to provide two wires to extend from the blue pigtail (labeled CAMERA) and orange pigtail (labeled BCM) to the camera wire (gray w/ violet) under the hood.

Correct, the kit says "extend the LIN wires" it's the blue "camera" and the orange "BCM" The wires on the kit are 20 gauge, I don't know total length, I started with about 6 feet and ran through giant rubber grommet in engine bay drivers side and routed along above kick panel and high up under the dash. The hardest part it pushing the wire through a slit in the grommet, it seals tightly.

2) The manual says I can double tap the front defrost buttom to activate the VIM. It also says I can force power to the activate the VIM by supplying +12V power to the second orange (INPUT 3) wire pigtail. What exactly does this activate? Is this for an auxiliary 3rd camera in addition to the OEM front and rear cameras?

VIM lets you use video inputs, use all Nav and phone functions normally locked out in motion

3) The manual says I can double tap the rear defrost button to activate the rear camera. It also says I can force power to activate the rear camera by supplying +12V power to the second orange (INPUT 2) wire pigtail. I guess I don't really have a question about this, but please see #4 below.

4) There is no mention of forcing the front camera, but there is a red wire pigtail (labeled INPUT 1) that is not mentioned in the manual at all. If INPUT 2 is the rear camera and INPUT 3 is the aux camera, I assume INPUT 1 must be the front camera. Can I supply +12V power to this wire to force the front camera?

The front camera is turned on in the normal gauge apps screen, I leave mine on the page for front camera and I just hit OK button when pulling into somewhere close for parking

5) What are the two output wires pigtails for; white (OUTPUT 3) and blue w/ white (OUTPUT 2)? I don't see these mentioned in the manual

Not needed

6) What are the two included USB wires for? I assume the plug into the A and B modules, but what is the other end for?

Not needed

I would like to add a 2nd upfitter switch panel (Sitdown mod) and use one switch to activate the front camera and one to activate the rear, if possible. It sounds like the rear camera won't be a problem. Not sure about the front.

Sorry for all the questions, maybe these questions should be directed towards Nav-TV or maybe there's an install write up somewhere.

See answers added above

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just got off the phone with nav-tv. here is a breakdown of what other options there are.

if you send 12 volts through the wire labeled input 2 from a toggle switch (or aux switch) you can force the rear camera at anytime no need for the use of the defrost buttons

if you send 12 volts through the wire labeled input 3 from a toggle or aux switch, you can force video in motion /unlock nav without using the defrost buttons

there is no option for the front camera because it works on a data signal

the usb is for updates if there ever are any

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

nav-tv a week or two ago, asked if i had a video of the install of these trucks. i told them i didnt, but i had a video of how to remove the center console. they asked if i would send it over. now they are going to post it on their website. cool stuff.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got off the phone with nav-tv. here is a breakdown of what other options there are.

if you send 12 volts through the wire labeled input 2 from a toggle switch (or aux switch) you can force the rear camera at anytime no need for the use of the defrost buttons

if you send 12 volts through the wire labeled input 3 from a toggle or aux switch, you can force video in motion /unlock nav without using the defrost buttons

there is no option for the front camera because it works on a data signal

the usb is for updates if there ever are any

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

nav-tv a week or two ago, asked if i had a video of the install of these trucks. i told them i didnt, but i had a video of how to remove the center console. they asked if i would send it over. now they are going to post it on their website. cool stuff.

Noah,
Do you know if we did the 12volt power to activate the rear or VIM, is there a way to disable the double tap rear defrost activation sequence entirely? I imagine that is what causes the rear camera to be on when using remote start and the odd behavior that happens for us northern climate people wen we do turn on or off the rear defrost.

If not no big deal as mine has been working as designed since 2 group buys ago

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So if I want to enter an address into the nav when driving, will I be able to just because I have the Nav-TV unit installed or will I have to double tap the front defrost button (or supply +12V to the input 3 wire) to unlock this feature before entering the address?

Thanks for the help guys!

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Also, if the USB cables aren't needed, should I just leave them out or should I install one just in case and run it to an accessible location? Does it matter if I only use one or should I install both?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure. i will have to check with them and let you know. but i doubt it. this is just an option instead of using the buttons. however the signal is still going through the defrost buttons so i dont think it will make a difference

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

you have to double tap the defrost button to access vim/nav. once you are done, you double tap again and the nav will pick up up again. basically it is interrupting the nav antenna giving the system the signal that you are parked and its ok for it to unlock itself allowing you use of the nav features. i mounted my modules in the center console below my orm buttons. the panel comes out and there is a spot that fits and is easy to access. that way if i need to get to the usb portion, i can access it in less than 20 seconds