my ipad GPS solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a ipad2 with the Dual Bluetooth GPS at Havoc. Downloaded the maps and routes (tracks) to MotionX HD. It worked well. I wanted to make my own route for day 3, and forgot to stop the program. The last 6 hrs were a straight line from PA to Boston.IMAG1366_zps82f9dd0a.jpg

Joker how did you get the Rausch creek maps into MotionX?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used my work ipad2 at havoc, using 3g it was helpful but lagged for such a technical course. Ive since bought the GPS dongle shown by others for the fix...

Now looking into getting another iPad, but am exploring the android offerings too.... Any fancy new models/brands etc i should look into? Been an apple sheep for so long, i've fallen outta touch. Don't need a stylus or other stuff, just want a USB port (most look to be micro) for easier file transfer. A micro USB card slot is an added perk. Newest samsung tab looks to be a front runner. Thanks

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ordered the dual xgps150 for my I pad 2 and the ram mount. Also got the 6 inch extension. Used the truck gps last year. Was ok for most of the trip. Just lost it on some of the trails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just saying but iPads are more expensive than the lowrance unit I'm getting, it's not the top of the line unit but it's not the bottom of the line unit either, and you have to pay for a contract with the iPad to be able to use it

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
leatherman vs. fixed blade. It's all about which is more beneficial for you.