My first mod... AKA Get off my arse!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cage1993

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"spotlamp shall be aimed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam strikes the windshield, window, mirror, or occupant of another vehicle in use."

I'd argue that below the bumper facing straight back is aimed at the grill of the car. Certainly not the windshield, window mirror or occupant...

I highly doubt you'd ever get called out on that setup like MackAttack has.

I'm not particularly worried about it since I sit so high. I don't care if someone wants to tailgate me. At the same time I wouldn't hesitate to throw a setup like that on my truck if I needed light back there for some reason.

Don't get caught with them on and there's no problem...

I travel all over for work, but I live on the border. Post NAFTA, with the whole Mexican national tractors crossing the border thing, DPS pulls over anything that has any possibility of being out of code. They can't just pull over tractors with Mexican plates or its discrimination, so they hand out tickets to everybody. It's pretty ridiculous. My buddy runs a trucking company and they plan an extra two hours on their routes because they know they are probably going to get pulled over for a random inspection. To combat drugs they have game wardens ride with ICE, DPS, Border Patrol etc., because a game warden in the State of Texas does not need a search warrant! Law enforcement plays a lot of funny games down there, but drugs and illegals keep coming in while the innocents have to deal with all the extra hassle. I have no doubt that in my hometown if I had these lights plainly visible, I would get ticketed before long. If you get away from the border, your probably right, no ones gonna screw with you unless they are just a total ass.

MackAttack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could shed more light, pun intended, on the subject of aim. So, first I was an El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy 96-99 but it has been too long to remember the Texas Penal Code. I was more patrol and wasnt 100% on vehicle codes. An second, honesty, I have not even seen the lights in action yet. I am deployed oversees for a few more weeks and I had my wife take the truck in for this mod. That is partly why the truck is so dirty!! I was mainly interested in illuminating and augmenting the reverse lights. I use the camera alot in reverse and can barely see at night. These lights are to increase safety and assist in hooking up the boat at night and early mornings. And I hope, it will discourage ******** from getting to close. Or at least get them to back off.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I travel all over for work, but I live on the border. Post NAFTA, with the whole Mexican national tractors crossing the border thing, DPS pulls over anything that has any possibility of being out of code. They can't just pull over tractors with Mexican plates or its discrimination, so they hand out tickets to everybody. It's pretty ridiculous. My buddy runs a trucking company and they plan an extra two hours on their routes because they know they are probably going to get pulled over for a random inspection. To combat drugs they have game wardens ride with ICE, DPS, Border Patrol etc., because a game warden in the State of Texas does not need a search warrant! Law enforcement plays a lot of funny games down there, but drugs and illegals keep coming in while the innocents have to deal with all the extra hassle. I have no doubt that in my hometown if I had these lights plainly visible, I would get ticketed before long. If you get away from the border, your probably right, no ones gonna screw with you unless they are just a total ass.

And here I was thinking that Houston was little Mexico. Didn't realize how good I have it! Cops here have other shit to worry about. I can point out at least a dozen cars on my block with expired inspection or registration. They don't seem to care as long as you aren't slinging beer bottles out of the window right in front of them...