MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the 802A...a 17...I just checked my Window Sticker b/c I honestly NEVER use Cruise Control, and completely forgot if I had Adaptive CC...and I can't find it listed...so I think I am safe from that.

With that said...what else was included in that $2000 Tech Package...I think like you I wanted something or two things, but was able to live w/out...especially trying to keep the MSRP under $70K.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Would love someone with more knowledge than us to confirm for sure.

You are correct on 4H and 4L (almost never needed) NOT being used on pavement.

I just don't know if 4A engages things permanently like AWD does/is for a vehicle that has AWD...which for an AWD vehicle they can distribute torque as needed (bias) from rear to front if slippage occurs, but again, things are always engaged vs. slamming into engagement if slippage occurs...which is what I am worried about with 4A.

You can pull up the display on your dash and watch how 4a applies the power in real time. Its definitely not all at once like you're worried about.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pull up the display on your dash and watch how 4a applies the power in real time. Its definitely not all at once like you're worried about.

I did that over the weekend...and see what you mean. Looks pretty solid, and felt pretty good...even on dry pavement...especially in a straight line.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this problem with 18’s get fixed?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry bud.

I clean it out fairly often. I get a lot of messages and they build up quick.

Yes try again. :)

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is more of a question using the Ngauge. What is the highest/lowest knock you’ve seen? Every time I see the first red light come on on the Ngauge I immediately let off. I think I’ve see it go to 5 for a split sec. Usually happens when the engine is still cold and I’m accelerating in a higher gear with no boost kicking in.

Last edited:

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have any experience with both the MPT Tune and the Whipple Tune? If someone goes with the stage 1 whipple kit, can they get retuned by MPT for more mods like intercooler , exhaust, down pipes, intake, fuel, or even bigger turbos? Any info on that how much does the MPT tune pick up power wise HP and TQ? I believe Stage 1 Whipple claims 84HP and 118TQ or maybe Im off a bit

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have any experience with both the MPT Tune and the Whipple Tune? If someone goes with the stage 1 whipple kit, can they get retuned by MPT for more mods like intercooler , exhaust, down pipes, intake, fuel, or even bigger turbos? Any info on that how much does the MPT tune pick up power wise HP and TQ? I believe Stage 1 Whipple claims 84HP and 118TQ or maybe Im off a bit

i think you should pick up the phone and call both places so that you get your answers from the source and do not have to trust that internet forum yahoos actually know wtf they are talking about.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you are asking if MPT can add additional features to a whipple tune that answer would be no.

Source: internet Yahoo