Motor Trend truck of the year - F150 stats you won’t believe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They also said the Raptor Supercrew had a 26 gallon fuel tank when in actuality it's a 35 gallon tank.

Good point. However, and forgive me because I don't know, but does the SCAB have the 26 gallon tank whereas the SCREW has the 35? Just curious as the pics in the review were of a SCAB.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. However, and forgive me because I don't know, but does the SCAB have the 26 gallon tank whereas the SCREW has the 35? Just curious as the pics in the review were of a SCAB.

The summary at the bottom of the article states SuperCab. Someone made a mistake in the body of the article. All the dimensions listed were for a SCAB as well.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but what difference in the real world does it mean if a off-road geared truck does not have as good of a time 0-80 (but has a better 0-60) than a lighter truck that has street tires and weighs 400lbs less? The Gen 2 Raptor is way faster than the Gen 1 (that had the 6.2 V8), but it is slower than a 2018 3.5EB F-150 (not by much). The differences in real performance between the normal F-150 with either the 3.5 or the 5.0L are fairly nominal compared to the Raptor on the street. You can twist numbers and say well the Raptor is faster 0-60 but the 5.0 is faster 0-80, but really both trucks are fast. Now take the Raptor off road (what it is designed for) and the difference between it and the regular F-150 are glaring.

It feels like MGD may be trying to debate a NA V8 versus the EB 3.5? If so I think we have a thread for that already.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a shame that Ford doesn't offer the 5.0 as the base engine in the Raptor. Then everybody would be happy. Over 800 horsepower with just a whipple and a conservative tune. Near instant throttle response and the ability to modulate the throttle off road without spooling issues. Tons (relatively) of low end torque to loaf along below 1500 RPM with. It's really an amazing engine.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that Ford doesn't offer the 5.0 as the base engine in the Raptor. Then everybody would be happy. Over 800 horsepower with just a whipple and a conservative tune. Near instant throttle response and the ability to modulate the throttle off road without spooling issues. Tons (relatively) of low end torque to loaf along below 1500 RPM with. It's really an amazing engine.

That would actually make a good bit of sense to appease a segment of the crowd. I'm guessing that dealers may have issues moving the standard 5.0 compared to the 3.5HO unless it was a buyer who specifically wanted to to add a blower to the 5.0. Maybe if they would make the 5.0 an order only option? IDK if that would make business sense or not.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

73899779.jpg