More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any updates on 2018 tune?

I reached out to them a few times, even after they posted on FB that they needed a local 2018 Raptor to finish their tune. I got impatient and ended up joining the Whipple group buy. It was too good of a deal to pass up. You get an intake, bigger intercooler, and a tune for $1,399!

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reached out to them a few times, even after they posted on FB that they needed a local 2018 Raptor to finish their tune. I got impatient and ended up joining the Whipple group buy. It was too good of a deal to pass up. You get an intake, bigger intercooler, and a tune for $1,399!

I was in the same boat and I just couldn't wait any longer. I'm sure MPT's tune is faster and Full-Races Intercooler does a better job cooling but for 1399 I couldn't resist.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No emissions test here but I'm pretty sure a/f ratio is similar to stock if not leaned out just a tad. Don't see it being an issue

There is way more to emissions than just AFR. Even while running stoich, at higher boost levels and increased fueling your NOx will increase (due to higher peak cylinder pressures and temperatures; see Zeldovich mechanism for NOx formation). This excess NOx may be too much for the factory catalysts to handle, or it could be perfectly fine...no one knows other than the engineers at Ford.

And NOx is just one emissions constituent that is tested for. Hydrocarbons, CO2, and even Partuculate Matter (in the near future) can be tested for.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone loves to bash California here (sometimes for good reason) but our smog checks are not until the 6th year... and, there is no more sniffer test. Our smog tests are now just a tech 'inspecting' and then plugging into the OBD2 port to check readiness and that there are no emission related codes stored. That's it. Some tunes will not show readiness therefore won't pass no matter what and in CA at least, it has nothing to do with anything but the computer.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else can weigh in on mpg after tune?

My MPG have stayed about the same at 15.8 MPG. If there is a decrease, it is minimal. That said, I am now putting more expensive gas in the tank due to the tune (only 93 Octane) whereas I use to run 89 or 91 Octane.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running the MPT tune for somewhere around 6,000 miles now and Average fuel is 14.2 running around town. I've been close to 19 mpg traveling between Chicago and Detroit. SCREW

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also saw their Facebook post, one was about how much power an f150 ecoboost made,
So i commented asking about the 2018 tune.

The answer included how inappropriate it is to comment there and i should email.
F$&@ that

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also saw their Facebook post, one was about how much power an f150 ecoboost made,
So i commented asking about the 2018 tune.

The answer included how inappropriate it is to comment there and i should email.
F$&@ that

That just makes me that much happier I went whipple