Methods vs winter ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with method wheels during a winter? I know the bolts have to be swapped to stainless but do they collect snow and ice daily making your wheels shake? How does the finish hold up in the snow and salt?

I guess what im asking is should I put my factory wheels on for winter. I don't know if I can go back to the top heavy look of factory wheels after having the nv on for several months now.

Any opinions?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bolts will rust (Have seen in person and on forum a couple times)
Finish holds up well (2 winters~ish on my Method Split Six's)
Haven't run my NV's in the winter yet but I bet you they will collect snow inside the outer ring lip and cause some steering wheel wobble.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I suspect too, it's a pet peeve of mine so maybe I will just have to put the stockers back on for snow. I can not stand it when my wheels shake !

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It's going to happen no matter what if you drive through deep enough snow...as you well know. How much worse the Methods will be...who knows.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will be significantly worse, at least the stock wheels (2012) will clear themselves. Last winter was no issue at any time and of course I was looking for deep snow. The methods will constantly have a lip full of salty water and crap with the almost constant wet roads. After thinking about it I think I will be swapping them back for winter.

If only I'd think before posting...