Making two offers tomorrow on an R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent several hours calling around the country on R's on Wednesday. One dealer in the midwest wouldn't even discuss pricing over the phone, said I needed to be there in person. Best I was offered was $25K over, never heard back from some of them.

I think I'm over it for now, I hate calling these dealers begging to get bent over for a truck. I feel slutty.

For now the plan is to get my V6 GooseTuned and drive it til' the wheels fall off. I'll just have to get over the jealousy every time I see someone's R on here.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I spent several hours calling around the country on R's on Wednesday. One dealer in the midwest wouldn't even discuss pricing over the phone, said I needed to be there in person. Best I was offered was $25K over, never heard back from some of them.

I think I'm over it for now, I hate calling these dealers begging to get bent over for a truck. I feel slutty.

For now the plan is to get my V6 GooseTuned and drive it til' the wheels fall off. I'll just have to get over the jealousy every time I see someone's R on here.

E85 and big snails!

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hell going on in here?

Did OP get an R?
No, I have not. Still haggling over a Silver one that’s been sitting a while, but as more times passes, the more I’m convincing myself it’s just not worth the cost delta between the R and 23 I already have. I’m holding firm on not paying ADM.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best I was offered was $25K over, never heard back from some of them.
Is this a deal breaker?

No, I have not. Still haggling over a Silver one that’s been sitting a while, but as more times passes, the more I’m convincing myself it’s just not worth the cost delta between the R and 23 I already have. I’m holding firm on not paying ADM.
Stick to your guns!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same experience. I’ve called close to 50 dealers over the last year. I’ve run out of energy to deal with the soul-sucking people at dealerships.

The hassle and pricing mania has made the juice not worth the squeeze
Agree 100%. It’s also the reason I pretty much gave up on my two decades long watch hobby about 5 years ago, it just became overhyped, dumb, and not worth it. I blame the Gram.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Honestly after having my R for 2 weeks, I miss the drivability and range on my gen 2 goosetuned stage 2 with Cobb FMIC and intake.

It has no low /mid end like a goosetuned pull and drivability. Feathering it everywhere getting old just to eek out 12MPG. I would drive normally and 75-85 on the highway and get over 550miles to the tank. You constantly have to wrap it to pull.

Honestly I'm more paranoid about it getting hit or stolen too because it's not replaceable as another TT3.5.